Rhinoplasty – Glendale, CA

I should have never had the surgery to begin with....

I should have never had the surgery to begin with. What I walked in with was much, much better than what I walked out with. I truly believe the risk for subtle changes is far too great and most definitely not worth it. I didn't have a bump or a crooked nose. I wanted my tip lifted. What I walked out with was a crooked nose and a bony bump. My nose was slim and thinking back, fit my face beautifully. My nose now is wide because I have spreader grafts and one of the bones healed crooked instead of straight. It's not a botch job but it's flawed. This has been confirmed by several revision specialists that I have seen around the country. He's a nice person and always responds to my emails but that doesn't take away from the fact that my results are less than stellar. There should be a point in time that a surgeon should be able to objectively critique their own work and say yes, it didn't go as planned and here is what we can do to fix it. Not everything can be blamed on swelling. He obviously has many happy patients but unhappy ones do exist. When I was initially doing my research 2 years ago, I came across a few reviews on RateMD that were unhappy patients... honestly, I ignored those and thought they were fake because I truly believed he can do no wrong. Looking back, I should have listened to my family and friends who were strongly against it, but hindsight is always 20/20.

I won't post any photos because it makes me cringe every time I see it. I can go into further detail about my surgery and experience with him after the disappointing results, but please PM me for that. I don't want to deal with the Grigoryants cheerleading squad.

Update

I should add that my profile looks better. The bump is on the side so it doesn't show from profile views. I have a follow up appt with Dr G in a few months (he's aware that I'm unhappy at the moment) and I will discuss my options with him then.

Revision Drs

These are some of the doctors I have consulted with so far. Please let me know if anyone has had any experience with them, good or bad. Thanks!
Dr Le
Dr Frankel
Dr David Kim (SF)
Dr Most
Dr Guyuron
I may make an appt to see Dr Gruber so if anyone has seen or had surgery with him, please let me know how your experience went. Also, I have a follow up appointment with Dr Grigoryants in August, but I think it's good to keep my options open and hear from other surgeons as well.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for posting this. For the most part I'm now happy with my nose. At least I think it's an improvement, but I do think people need to know that things don't always go according to plan even with Dr G. I've seen your pictures and I can see exactly what you are talking about. I hope that either Dr. G or another surgeon can get you the result you are looking for. Thanks for all your help :)
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi! I'm sorry you are unhappy with your results. Does Dr. G know? What are his plans, if any, for future surgery? I would imagine that he's willing to help as he seems like an ethical surgeon. Good luck to you!
Hi, thank you. Yes, he does know and I trust that he can improve it. I'm looking forward to my appt with him in September.
I'm sorry that you had to go through this experience. I'm in similar boat. I need subtle change but most PS...say that I need to completetly hate my nose and know that any change will be a change for better. Well, I don't completely hate it. And I think I'm told this so that the PS won't have an unsatisfied patient. Much easier to please someone who believes their nose cannot possibly look any worse after surgery. I hope the doctor can offer you a solution good luck.
Hi there. I am sorry to hear about your unhappiness with your nose. I am considering Dr. G and one other surgeon to do my nose, and was wondering if you could share your pictures with me and give me more information. I am so scared of making the wrong choice. Thank you in advance.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

And how do you know I'm not willing to share photos? Oh, that's right.. because you create fake usernames and harass people. I've gotten requests from users with one post asking for photos. Not gonna happen.
Because people have asked me to send photos after reading your posts and then said that you don't share photos ;)
I couldn't careless how much they paid - why don't you email Dr G. and ask him if I'm a fake poster. He's well aware of who I am. Get over it already.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I emailed you asking for your experience with his staff and if you'd be willing to share photos. You were NOT, so don't bash her when you aren't willingly sharing photos either.
Tbh I am kind of outraged by the fact that any negative comment towards Dr G is met with such rude comments from his 'admirers'. 1) Lalaland is not a fake user. I have talked to her over imsg and we exchanged photos. 2) I can understand why she doesn't want to share pictures with everyone. After all, having cosmetic surgery is a very personal decision. 3) Despite the fact that I think Dr G is a good surgeon, he is not perfect and just like the revision specialists Lalaland visited, I can see his flawed work in her case by looking at the pictures she sent me. I felt like my review was fairly neutral - I said good and bad things, but still had many people attacking me. What is the point of a review website if you can't even express your true experience and opinion. I would rather know all the facts when choosing a surgeon to operate on such a prominent part of my face
I'm so sorry. I know how heartbreaking this is when all you wanted was a subtle change and end up with something very different. How long has it been since your surgery?
I'm so sorry you're not happy - I'd be grateful if you would pm me further details?
I sent you a pm.
Pics received - thanks.
I am sorry you had unsatisfactory results. Did Dr. Gregoryants offered to do a revision? At the initial stage of searching for revision surgeons I had dr. G on the list but then I heard he doesn't do a lot of revisions. Good luck.
He did a touch up procedure a year after my primary which didn't do anything. It's as if that 2nd surgery didn't even happen. I've narrowed down my list of revision specialists and hopefully I'll be able to have the surgery in October. Hope your healing is going well:)
Look for dr Ion Lucian in London.He does 3D computer imaging and has great results!The only problem is that he is doing open rhinoplasty,I think.
For some reason revisions that are done by the same surgeon aren't successful especially if they involve major work. I am glad to hear you will have the revision in October. Healing is progressing well but slow!