I got my septoplasty turbinate reduction...

I got my septoplasty turbinate reduction rhinoplasty done on March 21, 2013 with Dr.Grigoryants in Glendale, CA.
I had a hideous hump on my left profile and on my right; the front of my nose was wide and too big for my super petite face. I had no breathing problems nor had I broken my nose in the past; I just had self esteem issues. I got my nose done to please myself because every time I looked in the mirror I would feel down and not so pretty. My fiance and family always told me otherwise.
I am happy that my hump got removed but I should have expressed more to Dr.G how I wanted my nose to look. My nose is completely different to my old one. It is more short and feel that it looks slopish on the right profile. People at work tell me other wise and love how it looks now but I feel they are just saying it to make me feel better.

I do like my nose and am adjusting to this new face but I think if it were a bit longer/dropped it would look better and make my face look fuller. My neck is a bit long and a small face doesn't help my look and I didn't think about that before surgery. I asked for a before and after pic before my surgery and Dr.G told me that they are hardly accurate and would be no help in seeing the final look. I wish I would have insisted so that I could have mentally prepared for this. I told him I didn't want a piggy/super lifted look. Dr.G told me I have an asymmetrical face and that my nose tilts to the right so after surgery it would still tilt to the right but that only I would notice it. I agreed to proceed knowing my nose would not be straight because the hump bothered me sooo much I just didn't care. I still don't mind that it tilts to the right and I hope I never will! I am also hoping my nose will drop more with time. It is difficult to adjust to a petite, lifted nose after having a big, wide, droopy nose for 21 years.

I do feel more confident now because I can finally wear my hair in a bun or up without feeling self concious of the humpy nose looking masculine.

ps.I felt no pain AT ALL after surgery just uncomfortableness when eating. I think after a few months I will get used to my new face and not want to get an injection to make the bridge of my nose a bit fuller nor will I contemplate elongating my nose:/
I hope no one gets discouraged by reading my review just do your research thoroughly and be 200% sure that you want surgery. I am expressing how I currently feel:)) I know an emotional rollercoaster!:))
I have uploaded a few pictures feel free to message or comment:)

2 Month Post-Op

Hi everyone:) So I am two months post op and I really like my nose...the tip has dropped and it's looking much better. I need to schedule a post op visit with Dr.G to follow up on my progress...etc I am no longer freaking out about my nose nor do I regret this surgery. My apologies for not writing much but I am falling asleep as I am typing:]
I have uploaded new pictures as well. All pics are from 5/18-22/2013

2 months post op

Also, I no longer think my nose is too short. I was quick to judge my nose knowing it takes time for it to heal but I am adjusting now:)

3 Months Post Op Update:)

Hello everyone at realself
I am 3 months post op and some days my nose is really swollen and some not much. Usually mornings my nose is swollen and through out the day the swelling goes down. My tip continues to drop, so I've noticed.
My face is normal/dry (as usual) and my nose gets oily and has been breaking out a little probably from all the make up I wear. I think in a few more months my nose will be back to normal dry.
The profile views are still great. The front view is okay as well as a work in progess. I've learned to be patient and not focus on it. I kinda think my nose looks better in person than in pictures.

3 month post-op

I uploaded a few more pics and as I was going through my before pics comparing them to my after pics I noticed and realized that I've lost a few pounds:/ My face looks thinner and ugh lol probably from stress too.
Anywho Best wishes to you all realself users who are going to or already have had surgery:)

Post Op 4 Months on July 21

Post Op 4 Months on July 21

post op 6 months on sept 21..biggest mistake. miss my old nose

So all was well and lovely on months 2-3 but now days away from 6 months post op I can't help but to miss my original nose and cry every other day when I look over my before nose pics. That "ugly" nose made me look unique and exotic. It used to bring out my eyes and show how nice they are. Now it brings them out for how ugly I look overall. No joke I look like a tranny sometimes...sorry that's not nice of me to say! Sadly I am looking into revision...debating between fillers for the rest of miserable life or revision surgery once I find a Dr who can somehow make my nose into what it should've looked like after rhinoplasty. I wish I would've tried fillers before surgery. Always go with your inner instincts. Mine were saying "please hold on longer you don't have to go through with it but my outside instincts were greedy/naive and thinking of only the good outcome. I still have a weak oversloped bridge almost Polly beak looking and pointed out just ugly. And its still crooked/tilted. I feel disgusted of myself for doing this. When I do my make up dramatically/pack it on, are the only times I almost look decent. When I go for a natural look, I look plain creepy. My mother tells me to learn from this and live with it that it doesn't look too bad but that it doesn't look natural. The love of my life says I look beautiful and that he could care less what my nose looks like but he has to day that duh jk lol any who I am dreaming big and hoping that a bridge will pop up on my nose and it'll drop enough to not have much nostril show. Gosh how naive I was/am...now I'm thinking of when I get older how the skin near my nose will wrinkle more than it does now when I smile and I'll need revisions to keep up with my deteriorating nose. How I wish I could turn back time. Being at work and in public is the worst! I got a new job. I keep to myself but I know people are wondering lots in their mind when they see me. Only twice people have asked me rude mean questions...comments I hear every single day and I know they are of me/nose/appearance but I somehow manage to brush it off. I have to I have no choice but to suck it up and show up to work. I must not let people make me or break me. :( once I get home I cry it out and tell myself I have to stop and get a grip before I lose all sanity. I am considering therapy or counseling because, and I hate hate to share this with you but, I have contemplated suicide...googled ways to do it for when I reach my breaking point but I know I won't have the courage to do so...its the loser way out. I think of others who have it worse than I and it makes me feel guilty for having done this, the money wasted on selfishness and encourages me to do better and feel better. I could've used that money for good instead of self greediness. I also noticed that all the fat from my face lost I haven't been able to get back. And my eyes/cheeks just don't look the same to me. I look sad and tired not upbeat and awake like I used to.
I don't want to discourage anyone of their choice but I don't recommend surgery. This procedure is one that you will never get back what you once had. Any who I pray that I will see good changes in my nose and like/love it.

6 Months Post Op

Hi realself friends,
I've been doing better. I try and not think of my nose; keep busy and it's been helping so far. I have been styling myself like I used to and I'm starting to see the old me:)
You all have been so kind and helpful thank you. The pics I just posted are from this month October. Keeping it short this time around:)
Best regards ECJ

6 Months Post Op

10 months post op

Hi everyone! So I am 10 months post op. I don't love my nose but I can live with it. I still wish I never got the surgery and that I could rub my nose roughly when it itches or after I sneeze. Oh the little things! Anywho maintaining positivity and happy thoughts, being thankful for life itself has gotten me through these past months. I have days where I fall to pieces but get right back up.

Happy healing to you all?

10 months post op

Happy healing to you all! not question mark lol
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr.G through research and realself.

Don't be so hard on yourself but do keep in mind that being only 21 your face in general will change in the coming years. From 21-25 my face has lost a lot of it's suppleness. Try to focus on the result of the procedure you had & honestly, it looks amazing! Do keep a realistic mindset and realize as you get older you will see changes in your face and it's not necessarily due to your rhinoplasty results, stress and worry are quick ways to age your face. You're a beautiful girl!
I still think your after is exponentially better looking than your before nose. The rest of your face just pops now, and it didn't before. I honestly don't get why you don't like the angles you say you don't like. At those angles, there isn't any bump, the nose is narrower, and it is lifted at the tip. It fits perfectly "in" the rest of your face. Like the person below me said, you should divert your attention to something else now because it isn't worth it. Your result is beautiful.
I really think you have beautiful results. You were already beautiful to start with and you're even more beautiful now. Your new nose is more feminine and fits your face a lot better! I think you should start focusing on something else. I know what you mean about freaking out i had a lot of freak out moments where I regretted doing my nose. But now I'm over that I don't even remember about it sometimes. But really your results are beautiful and you are gorgeous!!
Thank you! Yours is resulting beautiful too!
I looked through all of your photos before I read any of your review and I thought you had a really great result, I think the tip of your nose was too bulbous before and now its much more defined and fits your face much better! In a weird way it actually makes you look more more like a grown woman in a beautiful way.. thats the best way I can describe it. Honestly my first thoughts when looking at your photos were that you do wear a lot of makeup specifically on your eyes and thats all I kept wondering was what you would look like without all of it and when I came to your pre surgery pictures in my head I honestly said "wow" you are very naturally beautiful !! I also suffer from an extreme lack of confidence and its very difficult to love yourself when you're so used to mentally tearing yourself down every day. However I must say you have some amazing features that really stand out and it takes time and learning to recognize the positives and that they outweigh the negatives.. Just off of the top of my head I know you have FABULOUS eyebrows ;) you have smaller lips but they are so nice and full! You have big beautiful symmetrical eyes which makes your eye colour pop, and girl dont even get me started on those lashes !!! I mean if you feel more comfortable wearing your makeup then all the power to you its your own life and your own body, but with such amazing natural features like those less is more !! Do the women in your family or close in your life all generally wear lots of makeup because maybe that environment is what made you believe that you need it to feel pretty? Anyways this is turning into a ramble. I think the biggest hurdle of your journey is to be able to accept the surgery that you had. Whats done is done. There is no point in dwelling in regret about what happened because you cannot turn back time and change it. However what you can do is focus on the positive on a daily basis out loud to yourself, just say ONE nice thing to yourself in the mirror every day and in turn I swear in time it will manifest into truth and acceptance (just like tearing yourself down everyday has done the opposite so far), and start to look at the future (which your have the absolute power to change unlike the past) and what you are going to do to make yourself happy. What are you going to do to make yourself happy? Start there and remember a positive state of mind is the most important and powerful thing it can completely change your life. I think your results are a huge improvement, you look beautiful and I hope things get better for you xoxo best wishes
Thank you for your comment! My mother hardly wears make up but my sister does. I think I got myself started on the make up though because I would see it at stores and began experimenting and got hooked. I do realize what's done is done and read articles/books/magazines about happy good vibes and try and move on.
i think the surgeon did a good job for an american nose, but for middle eastern noses, our faces actually look better when the tip is not so elevated...it does not go with our features. since pretty much ALL surgeons elevate the tip (because it looks good on white girls), we often get strange results :/ i think your nose does look better on the frontal view, but it looked better straight from the side (rather than curved). however, what are you going to do? if you get a revision, it is really hard to add tissue...and removing tissue carries the risk of looking overly operated. i would be grateful that at least you have a functional, healthy nose, a great fiance and family, and enjoy the blessings of life. also your makeup is kinda a little much so u could reduce that too :) sometimes the natural look is nice also
Thank you for your comment. Actually my parents are from Mexico(I am mexican), my husband is Assyrian/Arabic and I get the question almost everyday at work if I am middle eastern, I don't mind the confusion and questions lol Anywho I agree it is a good job for a western nose but not good for ethnic like faces. I don't plan on revision anytime soon I think maybe in 4-5 years or longer. I am grateful for life, my family, and that after having no breathing problems pre surgery and gaining problems post surgery I am breathing better now but my smelling sense isn't at 100%. LOL yes I have toned down the make up on my every day styling:) My husband said thank you for mentioning the much make up! LOL LOL:))
I'm so sorry you are going though these ups and downs. I know this cant possibly help you but I just want you to know that I think you were pretty before AND after and you definitely still look exotic.
Thank you!
I love your nose! The things you aren't happy with are the things I wish I had done with mine. You have a gorgeous feminine slope and sweet defined tip. I feel like my bridge is too high. I think it does accentuate your other features! Chin up, you are the envy of many others! X
Thank you!
I think yours looks really nice! I think it is better to have less taken off than more because it is easier to remove than to add to a nose.
I think you look great. Much better than your original nose. You will get used to it as more time goes buy. Give it 8 more months. !8 months is usually when you see the end result.
Thank you!
You are very beautiful. Your result is perfect! I am glad you are doing better. Happy new year to you. XoXo
Thank you friend! Happy new year to you too!
Sweetheart I just read your story! I feel so bad for you, that you feel this way. Your results are perfect! Exactly what I would expect from grigoryants. Like u said it was a little crooked at the start and still would be after. With that exception, I think the improvement is 110% improved. I don't think a revision would do you any good. I think you have gotten the best results with what you had and a revision would be messing with perfection and make other issues worse. I hope you are feeling better, life is too beautiful to not appreciate the gift and value of life. Be grateful for what you have, your really beautiful and actually super lucky!
Your new nose is soooo perfect, you have some of the best results I've seen on this site! You were very pretty before but now you are soooo stunning with your new nose!
Aww thank you!! Yes there are very many with good results; better than mine too:))
You were beautiful before but you look gorgeous now. By just looking at your pictures your new nose fits your face perfectly. Not a mental health counselor, psychiatrist, or psychologist but it appears you suffer from body dysmorphia & it would not hurt to talk to a professional. You are a very beautiful young lady but regardless how many times you hear it you will not feel beautiful (typical in body dysmorphia). Best of luck,
I agree with your comment and have read books and online articles about happy living and positive vibes and it's helped so far...I can only go up from here on out:) Best of luck to you too on your journey:))
Thanks :)
You look amazing. Thanks for the update. It is good to hear you are working through it. I am surprised at the little refinements you are showing at 10 months. I think it looks better. I guess they are right that things will slowly continue to refine for up to two years. Happy healing and most importantly to you happy living!!
Thank you! Yes every few months I see changes the last change I noticed was at 10 months post op and before that 7 months post op and before that 3-4 months post op.