Long Desired, Rhinoplasty - Glendale, CA

Laura - 26 - Italian The surgery I'll be having is...

Laura - 26 - Italian
The surgery I'll be having is Septoplasty/Rhinoplasty.

As a child up until my pre-teens I thought my nose was actually cute! Lets just say that the noses in my family have...character? From about the age of 11-17 I was active in sports, mainly soccer and this is about when I started to notice changes in my nose. I'm sure it was a combination of my nose growing in to my face and playing a little too rough on the soccer field (cleats, balls, elbows to the face) when my insecurities started to set in.

Over the last several years I've contemplated having Rhinoplasty to correct my issues with aesthetics and to also correct breathing issues that I have due to my nose being a little crooked. Most people don't notice this visually but I definitely do and also when I hold my nose in a straight position I can breathe more easily & the pressure between my eyes goes away!

Over a year ago I decided I was ready and began my research! There was a handful of Dr.'s that I looked into scheduling consults with but after scouring the interwebs for the good, the bad, & the ugly...I decided to go ahead and meet with Dr. Andre Aboolian. The office, staff and the Dr. were all pleasant and I felt very comfortable walking in. The parking structure on the other hand was a pain...try to arrive extra early to deal with parking in the structure!! Although I did like Dr. Aboolian I didn't feel 100% sure he was the one & I knew I'd want to have 1 to 2 more consults before deciding. AT THIS POINT I KNEW I NEEDED TO START SAVING MONEY as it was getting more real. The second consult I made was with Dr. Vladimir Grigoryants (6 months or so after my first consult). The Dr. was very comforting yet assertive and I felt like we were on the same page for attaining my desired results. The results and reviews I've seen on this guy have taken all my fears away and at this point I'm extremely excited!! :D

Pre-Op is in May and surgery is scheduled for June 19!

Dr. didn't provide imaging? Check out this app!

I didn't get any imaging done with Dr. G so the curiosity is killing me! After searching instagram for #rhinoplasty just about everyday, I've come across an app. that lets you edit your pictre fairly well to see what could be! These are some profile shots that I'm pretty excited about! The app. Is called Plastic Surgery Simulator Lite.

To tell or not to tell?

I'm trying to decide how to tell the rest of my friends and family... through Instagram? I just really don't want to discuss it and explain myself to naysayers! I've already opened up and informed most of my family, my boyfriend, and close friends and a few coworkers (those connected in my daily life)...they all seem to be supportive of my choice. Still in anticipation, I've used the phone app. and generated two looks that I'm excited to see but unsure about the fit! Any advice on how you broke the news to friends and family, I'd love to hear it, also any opinions on shape/size for my nose would be appreciated!! :]
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

You are beautiful! I hope you do well with surgery and love your new nose:)
thank you & i hope so too!
I had my nose done by Dr. Grigoryants 6 weeks ago and LOVE it :) I would suggest that you trust his artistic eye and trust that he will give you the best nose for your face. You are really in the best hands. It seems that most Grigoryants patients don't seem to have the issues that patients of other doctors have-- so great choice ;)
:] i'm happy to hear this! he truly is an artist.
Hey just checking in on realself and saw your review. I had my rhino with Dr. G about 3.5 months ago and I'm so happy. He is a great doctor, you're in good hands. P.s. you are very pretty! haha
Ahh how exciting, I can't wait for it to be a few months after my surgery! Your 2.5 monh pictures are ammaazzing! How long was it until the bruising all went away?
I'll let you know haha. No I mean it pretty much was completely gone after like 1.5 months, but I feel like I still have dark circles that I didn't have before. It doesn't bother me much but I have been using an orange tinted concealer underneath my regular concealer to cover it.
That's a shame! I already have dark under eye circles...I hope they don't get worse!
Hi babe, just chiming in.. I had surgery with Dr. G two weeks ago, and all bruising was gone after day 4! I had a little yellow under my left eye, but was not noticeable unless I pointed it out. The extra 'rest' that you get in during the first week & lots or Arnica will help! A friend of mine (who didn't know I had the surgery) saw me a few days after my cast was removed and said something like, "wow the LA sun did wonders for you! You look so refreshed" hahaha
Lol :] that's funny! Thanks, I'll grab some arnica!
I search instagram as well! Good luck for your surgery in June :)
:] thank you!
Hi! I had my surgery with Dr. G this morning - and just wrote a super long review! At this point I think you made a great choice going with him! Excited for you x
How exciting, I look forward to reading it! :]
Did you by chance have a lot of dental work as a child? I had a palate expander which really screwed up my childhood nose! It widened everything!
Nothing other than cavities! It just seems to have grown in to my face and has been roughed up along the way :P
I'm Italian and my family definitely has noses with character too! Ha! Beat of luck with Dr G, I'm considering a nose job and he would definitley be in my top picks! Be sure to update us with photos and followup works! You'll look great!
Lol, thank you & yes I shall! If you go on any consults let us know who you see! Make sure to scower the interwebs for negative reviews and facebook to check them out as well!
& yelp! I was deterred from going on consults with a few that I was initially interested in due to comments on yelp...be sure to view their "hidden" reviews!
Awesome eye makeup! I'm glad you've done research and have gone on more than one consultation. June will be here before you know it and you'll be getting a new nose! Ahhh! So exciting! As the others have said, you're already gorgeous, so this will just be icing on the cake. Please keep us posted.
Thank you for the kind words! Once I got over the nervousness of it all I am just generally excited! I'm sure the nerves will creep back up come my pre-op. appointment! lol
Good luck! I want to consult with this doctor as well but I am nervous to bite the bullet and make the appointment! Anyone else have this reservation?
Thank you! It was nerve wracking to call and make the consult appointment, more so when you actually go in because you never know how badly you really want it and if it'll be worth your time. Just go in with good questions and make sure you feel you've communicated your desires clearly.
you are so abolutely stunning!!! I love your nose now... Make sure you really really really hate it before you go into surgery. It does change a lot about your face when you change your nose. (speaking from personal experience)
If it was just as big but straight and I didn't have breathing issues I'd probably be leaving is it is. That whole side of it does freak me out though...I am hoping for the best. He really instilled in me that we should never really pick "a nose" because we'll most likely be disappointed. I trust him to give me the proper fit for my face.