Asian Rhinoplasty - Glendale, CA

I've been hunting for a good plastic surgeon to do...

I've been hunting for a good plastic surgeon to do my rhinoplasty on and off for 4 years already! Finally the stars aligned and led me to Dr. G! His work is well documented and AMAZING!!

I have a semi typical Asian nose, wide and fat Lol the only thing nice about it is that my bridge is not as short as others. So I wanted a PS that is well versed in reducing the width of the nose without making it look overdone or having that pinched look, which I see very often living in Orange County.

The past Dr.'s that I've consulted with didn't really stand out to me the way Dr. G did. His portfolio is the best I've seen so far, and trust me I'm borderline obsessed with researching Dr.'s for my rhinoplasty hahah. The only thing that worries me is that there isn't many Asian rhinoplasty before and after pics on his website and they were not that impressive. I asked one of his nurses why that was the case and she told me it's because a lot of his Asian patients don't consent because they don't want anyone to know they've gotten work done. WELL IM HERE TO BREAK THE CYCLE! Lol

My consult with him went very smoothly. He made very valid points on what I need and didn't need. Originally I wanted my bridge to be raised and of course the width of my nose taken in. But Dr. G suggested that my bridge was perfect and didn't need to be touched. He also suggested my tip should be raised, but I've never really had a problem with it and plus I don't want my nostrils to show! So I must discuss this with him on my pre-op appt. But all in all I trust his expertise and booked my surgery date! IM SO EXCITED even though it's a long times away :/

What I'm getting done:
-refining the tip, maybe a lift?
-reducing the nostrils
-osteotomy to reduce the width of the dorsum
-reducing the overall width of my nose
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Very professional and informative doctor. Was very patient and answered all of mine and my mom's questions.

Getting excited?? right around the corner!!
keep us updated! i'm set on dr grigoryants but it's a little scary that he doesn't have much experience with asian noses :(
I agree with everyone, your nose already looks nice, it's cute, curvy and fits your face well. I would avoid a sharp pointy nose tip, but that's just my opinion :) and I'm glad your doctor talked you out of raising your bridge, because on smaller faced asian women it looks more masculine I think. Well, wish you all the best!
u r already pretty & the nose job will make u prettier,,i researched & read a lot about nose jobs & i think u will ne great with osteotomy, reducing nostrils N refining the tip,, ask him not to raise the tip u don't need this..keep u updated, wish u the best
Thank you! Now that I'm looking more into my tip does droop quite a bit when i smile, but it doesn't bother me too much and plus i don't want a short piggy nose so i will definitely discuss this with him in our next appointment.
Did you choose that surgery date or is that how far out he is booked? Wishing you luck and will be following your story!
My consult was Oct 8. and his earliest opening was Jan 31, 2013, but i chose March because of school and work. His receptionist told me his waiting period is minimum 3 months :/
I have a semi-asian nose too- wider alar base, what I (also) thought was a dorsum bone, and an overhanging tip that is more pronounced when I smiled. I understand that you don't think your hanging tip is a problem- it certainly isn't as bad as someone like mine! Hopefully your doc can point to some of the tip-work he's done to help you make your decision. Personally: I am thrilled I got rid of it. I had my surgery today in fact and I can already see my profile is much improved. PS: I loved doctor G- which I could have had my surg with him but I went with a doc closer to home instead. Best of luck, look forward to seeing your results!
wide* dorum bone- also, my doc ALSO told me that my bone was not too wide- just appears that way in pics because of my hump- with you, it could just be because of your "valley" that needs raising. Just a thought :)
Well when i smile my nose does seem to hang a little low! lol I will definitely discuss whether or not to get a lift in our next appt. Thank you for your suggestion. I can't wait to see your result and i hope you have a speedy recovery! :)

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! Does Dr. G. have many Asian before and after photos IN his office for you to see?

I love how open and willing to share you are. You're a lovely lady and I'm sure this will just refine your beauty. Please keep us updated!

Thank you :) Dr. G only had about 3 pictures of his asian patients on his website, but I can tell that Dr G. is really good with taking in wide noses. So i hope he can do the same with mine!
I think your nose already looks excellent! Hope you have a speedy recovery :)
Thank you!! It's going to be a long 5 months waiting for my surgery date to come! Lol
Gorgeous!
You are pretty already and will be more pretty after. Did the dr show you how your after nose should look like?
Thank you! The Dr. didn't do digital imaging but he did help me visualize by physically tucking in spots of my nose that he was going to fix. It would've definitely been nice if I could've seen the end result though! Lol