32 Years Young Fixing Her Underbite Through Invisalign & Acceledent. - Glendale, CA

I was told ever since I was younger that I'd need...

I was told ever since I was younger that I'd need jaw surgery for my class III underbite. During my late 20s, I went to various orthos & surgeons regarding this matter. Some informed me that I could fix my underbite by pulling out three teeth (one baby tooth on top and two teeth on the bottom) or some would suggest that jaw surgery was the best option. In 2013, I was recommended a great surgeon, who informed me that I'd make a great candidate for jaw surgery and to talk to the case manager regarding the financials. When I finally got a hold of the person, I was informed that I'm actually on the borderline and my insurance might not cover the procedure. Therefore, I was at a standstill. Do I need to shell out $30-$60K since insurance might not cover the procedure and go through a quite difficult process of healing or do I shell out $6-$10K for braces, where I'll have missing teeth for an estimated two years? I decided on the latter but decided to go through the invisalign route, instead of ibraces, since I'm in my 30s. I had teeth pulled on 2/27 and got my first tray on 3/3. Due to this forum, I found out about Acceledent and asked my ortho to order me one right away. Please note that I am on a 37 tray process and I did not get the acceledent until week 3.

Various photos...from beginning to 4/15/14

End of Tray 8.....

So, due to the Acceledent, I've been changing trays at a speed of 1 a week. Yet, it still is too early to see a difference right now. My orthodontist sent me home with trays 8-12 and I checked out how my teeth would potentially look at tray 12 and my top gap will almost disappear. Can't wait!!!

On Tray 21...

Haven't updated in forever but wanted to post pictures as I am slightly ahead of my midway point. I'm still changing a tray at a pace of once a week due to the acceledent. The gap on top will be closed on tray 24, per the clinic check. I will see my orthodontist after tray 22 and he mentioned a possibility of having to wear bands for 1-2 months on my lower teeth. I'm hoping that I don't need to wear the bands. One can only hope....
Glendale Orthodontist

Dr. Bergh came highly recommended by my oral surgeon, who was also highly recommended. I believe his daughter got her braces through Dr. Bergh. Anyhow, after deciding to go with Dr. Bergh, I found out that a few colleagues also went with him. He seems to be honest and direct, which I appreciate.

Looking great, and thanks for updating us!  It looks like your underbite is already lessening, is that true?
Your top gap from the pulled tooth?  That'll be amazing to see!  Did you ever look at Henry Z's review?  His gap from the pulled tooth is almost gone now and it really is unbelievable.
Yes, the top gap from the pulled tooth. I did look at HenryZ's reviews and his progress is amazing!
Look forward to seeing your results
Very exciting!  I sure hope this works for you!  My husband was also told he'd need serious jaw surgery as well as expanders and a bunch of other stuff.  He ended up pulling zero teeth and going with Damon braces, and he's totally fine now.  His arches are still slightly more V-shaped than U-shaped, but nobody looks at his teeth or jaws and thinks there's anything wrong at this point.

I see that you've found the AcceleDent forum--from there you can find lots of people who are using it, at various stages of treatment.  HenryZ is quite a bit ahead of you, is using AcceleDent, and also had teeth pulled first.  You may find his story interesting :).

I am very excited to follow your progress!  Thank you so much for starting your story here :).

And yeah, you look suuuuper young! LOL!