Lower Abs - Now Should I Do my Flanks? - Glen Allen, VA

I had my lower abs done just over 8 weeks ago....

I had my lower abs done just over 8 weeks ago. Very pleased with the results! I had some swelling in the beginning, but that went away pretty quickly and I am enjoying my new look. However, I want to know if any of you out there can answer this:
1. If I go for the lower abs for a second time, do you recover (meaning do you not swell as much the second time around) faster?
2. I am thinking of getting my flanks done. I read that it is more comfortable during the procedure, but what about after? Is there much swelling? Trying to decide do I do it in the summer or wait until after. Any feedback would be appreciated!

I had both my lower abdomen and flanks done.

My flanks did not swell as badly as my abdomen, but they bruised a lot more. It looked like i had 2 "hickies" on me, where my abdomen swelled but had no bruises. The bruises lasted for about a week - so wait if you wear a 2 piece!

I also lost the fat differently. With my abdomen, I lost the fat gradually-where I saw no results on my flanks until it all went away seemingly overnight at about week 6.

I was thrilled with my abdomen results, but I am even more happy with my flanks because it really completed the shaping I wanted.
Thanks! I'm going to go for a second round on my lower abs. That was always what I complained of most so I want to tackle that. But I'm definitely thinking of doing the flanks. I agree that it might complete the shaping. That's kind of cool that it sort of "went away over night". I know the process works. Just have to be patient and then consistent with your lifestyle!

Hey there,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, I'm glad everything seems to have gone well for you.

I haven't had CoolSculpting myself, but from what I've read of others who have had it, swelling is very much down to the individual. Some people experience it and some don't. Also, I haven't noticed many people saying that flanks swelled more than abs.

Please do keep us updated with your progress.