Juvederm to Lips - Glastonbury, CT

I just had Juvederm to my upper lip yesterday and...

I just had Juvederm to my upper lip yesterday and It went well. I had to have 5 injections of novocaine and some parts of my lip were still not completely numb, but it did take away most of the pain. Most of the injections I didn't feel at all and what I did feel was tolerable. I usually take more novocaine than normal at the dentist too.

Today I look more like Homer Simpson than Angelina Jolie, but I can already see the swelling going down. So far I'm happy. I've had Radiesse to the cheekbones - extremely happy with that. I had Radiesse to the nasolabial folds - I don't think I'd do that again. It's OK, but pushing up on my face there slightly exaggerated my tear troughs - next on the list. However, when my new doc put the cheek injections in, it lessened the tear troughs.

I had botox in the forehead, glabellar folds and crow's feet. I'm delighted by all of it. The botox also gave me a lift to my eyes that will allow me to put off eyelid surgery for a while. My mother thinks I look like I'm in my 20's. I'm 44. I'll take that.

I've been doing home dermabrasion to renew the surface of my skin. I've also been using other over the counter products with salicylic acid as I'm acne prone, and also retin-A. I've never taken such good care of my skin in my life. I've abused it. Seems though that I caught it in time and I defnitely look renewed. I don't really think I look in my 20's, but I think I could fool a few people about my real age.

Dr. Janiszewski at MedSpa 1064

Just a note above - the pain depended on the procedure. The Radiesse was the most painful but all of it was worth it. I'm uploading a picture after all of the Radiesse and Botox, but before the Juvederm to the lips. You decide if I look 44. I have only mascara on, no other makeup.

I think you look great. I can see the difference regarding the "tired look" you referred to. I have the same..recently I had Juvederm injections in my tear trough area with my plastic surgeon who specializes in all types of injections for face, so plenty of experience there. However, I bruised badly and was swollen for several weeks; it's been 3 months now, swelling has gone away, but still slight bruising; I have to use cover-up heavily. I always get botox in crows feet area and between brow every 3 months;really helps! I would never do juvederm again in tear trough.They need to come out with something else!!
You do look fantastic, but beautiful before and after! I'm interested in what you use for home dermabrasion? I have that tired look and am getting the nerve up to spend the money, as you have. I don't think you look so "tired" before, but I can see the brightening in the eye area in the after pic. I have deep-set eyes also, and the upper lid is falling with age. I think you're very brave to post pics here, and it's appreciated! I'm wondering if an s-lift and brow lift, out of the country, might be more cost effective for me in the long run, combined with botox, instead of the fillers??? Just curious if you looked into other longer term solutions. Enjoy your lovely face!
I don't know how old you are, but I DO know that you look beautiful for ANY age! Congrats =] Ahhh, the things we do to fight aging. I'm 42 and have just started maintenance, but long over due because I have never taken good care of my skin either.