Do Not Recommend Permalip Implants - Glasgow, UK

Two years ago, I had Permalip implants inserted by...

Two years ago, I had Permalip implants inserted by Dr. Shoaib. I found the surgery quite painful, and I was extremely swollen and bruised for about two weeks. The implants were very unnatural looking and uncomfortable. They distorted my smile, they made dentist visits difficult as I couldn't open very wide, and I developed unexplainable white dots on my lower lip. Worst of all was that the incisions were not placed in the corners of my mouth, which resulted in visible bumpy scars on my lips.

Needless to say, I was not happy with the end result and after consulting Dr. Shoaib, I decided to have the implants removed. They are said to be easily reversible, but this was not my experience. This time he placed the incisions in the corners of my mouth as I requested, but one of the incisions were too tight, which caused scar tissue to form and led to a very visible scar in the corner of my mouth.

The tightness, not to mention ugliness of the scar, still bothers me today. Dr. Shoaib has kindly offered to perform a scar revision, which I declined after learning that there was a risk it might get worse. Personally, I wouldn't recommend Permalip implants to anyone.

Glasgow Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry permalip implants didn't work out for you! Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf.