Sculptura Little Lumps -Manitoba, Canada

I had Sculptura not once but twice. The first time...

I had Sculptura not once but twice. The first time after the injection, amazing overnight I swear I looked 10 years younger, but alas the euphoria lasted for only one day. Then, like a balloon that was slowly deflating, so did my face.

Back to the Dr.'s for another go at it (oh it could take 2-3 procedures) so, for another $1200 dollars I went for it again, first day when I woke up ah, beautiful, then as I was massaging my face, all I felt were little lumps and the deflating began again. So I was then tapped out, I told Dr. Teraska I was very unhappy, but she could have cared less. I tried contactingt Sculptura to no avail. They don't want to hear from you.

Maybe this procedure works for some people, but far from all, it is not worth the cost (if money matters) to look just as bad as you did when you walked in in the first place. The doctor tried to blame me for not massaging my face enough, balls, I massaged for 8 hours before I fell asleep, then started again the next morning. The little lumps (not unusual from what I have read - just too bad I did not look it up in the first place because many sites have pretty much my same story.

So I went back to Juviderm and Botox until my retirement money ran out, now I just look in the mirror and see a very sad face. I cannot provide the before and after pictures as I only had them done in the doctors office and she is not about to give them up. Just lets say, I now look my age, which then makes you feel your age.

Dr. Victoria Teraska

They are supposedly the prime place to have procedures done in Winnipeg. I had previously gone to Dr. Earl Minuk, how rude,I overheard him say to his nurse outside the door "SHE NEEDS A FACELIFT, NOT INJECTIONS", yes, I know a facelift would be best but I am on a fixed income, so unless he wanted to do it out of the kindness of his heart (ha), I was SOL.

I'm sorry that you are not happy with Sculptra. I hope that you realize that it can take up to a year to see the full results, but at least, 4 months. I have been lucky seeing results in the first 6 weeks. Most people don't see changes until at least the 4 month date. Hang in there. I hope that you start seeing results soon.
I agree, the stuff just doesn't really work. I had two treatments, didn't notice much if any change. Also, the way it works (inducing inflammation, which supposedly stimulates collagen), seems risky, which is also evidenced by the high rates of bad side effects (lumps, chronic inflammation, etc.)

I'm sorry to hear your disappointment. :( It seems that Sculptra usually does require several treatments, and the changes don't happen instantly. Here are a couple Q&As that give more info on it. Hopefully this information will provide some comfort by providing some answers as to why you didn't see more significant changes:

How Many Treatments of Sculptra Are Needed?

How Long Does Sculptra Take to Work?