Did It Today

I had the Vi Peel/extractions done today at Gina's...

I had the Vi Peel/extractions done today at Gina's Skincare in LA. I have acne and scars. My skin has been problematic for the past 9 months or so. I did have acne as a teenager but it went away with birth control pills. I stopped the birth control and about a year after is when the acne started up again. I have tried many topical creams including prescription ones from my dr. Nothing has worked. I am hoping this peel will help.

I will try to post photos for you from each day. So far, my skin is terribly red. It looks and feels like a bad sunburn. It isn't supposed to peel for a couple days so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out o.k.

Did the peeling start yet? Would love to hear how things are looking and feeling for you at this point.

Yes, I am on day 4 and I started peeling yesterday morning. It is like everyone is saying and I look like a lizard lol. I had to work yesterday and so I was wearing makeup and it looked downright terrible. I was so embarrassed and had to explain to everyone why my face was peeling. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I peeled apart of it off before putting on the makeup to try to make it look better. DO NOT PEEL IT OFF PREMATURELY!! It hurt and burned so bad after I did. Also my skin has been really red where I peeled it. I have been leaving it alone since then. It seems like the skin is going to peel again in those spots now. It is really dry, stiff, and looks kind of wrinkly. I have to work again on Wednesday in San Francisco so I really hope that this is done by then although it doesn't look like it will be.

It is hard to resist peeling it, isn't it?!! I can understand why you would explain to people that you did the peel. It can start to feel embarrassing and you at least want them to know its not some contagious disease or something, haha!

I'll be hoping things have drastically improved by Weds. Keep us posted!

Hello everyone! I am on day 7 of the Vi Peel now....

Hello everyone!
I am on day 7 of the Vi Peel now. The healing process has been irritating and scary over the past week. My skin went from very acne prone, having inflamed, recurring pimples, scars from pimples whether I would squeeze them or not, and regardless of what products or diet plans I have used/tried (I have tried many), my skin has been relentless. Now on day 7, I am thankful that I did it. My skin has improved so much! It started peeling on my neck 2 nights ago. My neck is still peeling and a few spots on my face are still peeling. Overall, I am very happy with it. I will do this again in the future, however, I will make for sure that I take a week off from work and have plenty of food stocked at home so I can all together avoid going out and embarrassing myself while the peel is doing its thing.

I am a great believer of vi peels. Amazing results are achieved each time I've done it. I really like those as top of my list. Interesting enough to see comments here like this peels are only medical grade and that is just cause someone came up with an idea of labeled it this way, this peels are by far safer than many TCA's by far less harsh, so easy to apply and much more comfortable after all, so please let us be informed before we go crazy on the comments vi peels are simply great, I encourage people with Acne prone skin to try it. It helped me tremendously so will do to others. One thing that helps during the peeling process is applying vaseline several times a day, but before that aloe Vera the real thing is amazing in speeding the healing time, the vaseline is more to coat and protect the skin, it also keeps the moist. Glad to hear you are happy with your results so far , hope it will continue to improve.
It is illegal to have a ViPeel performed by an aesthetician in California. These peels are medical grade and can only be done by RN's, PA's, or NP's with the supervision of a doctor.
I should also add that on night 4 and 5, I did a homemade mask of yogurt and oatmeal on my face which really seemed to help the redness subside.
Gina