Full Face, Day 2, So Far, So Good - Germantown, TN

I turn 53 in 3 months and was not happy with the...

I turn 53 in 3 months and was not happy with the saggy jowl, marionette lines, and over all loseness of my face skin. I've been researching Ultherapy since I saw it on Dr Oz. After reading a lot of the reviews on this site, I braced myself for a lot of pain and I took two ibuprofen & one aleve before going in for my appointment. The technician gave me two more ibuprofens and applied a numbing cream one hour before my treatment. During the treatment, she gave me a hose that blew cold air and told me to use if I wanted to. She started with my neck and the pain level was low for me (a 1 or 2) I felt the most pain (a 7 or 8) around the cheek area but only in about 3 areas on each side. She did two or three passes in each area at a deep level and two more passes in each area at a shallow level. I didn't expect any pain at the shallow level but I was wrong to assume that. It was the same pain level or double. The technician said she gave me 200 more lines than most people because of my pain tolerance. I took mor ibuprofen and used ice packs on my face for a couple of hours after I got home. I had no swelling, bruising or redness on day 2. I will update this site in 3 months and if the doctor share the before and after shots, I will post them.

Dermatology Realm

I've used Dermatology Realm in the past for Botox

It is great that you did your research beforehand and knew what to expect. Thank you so much for coming back to share your experience so others can learn from you as well!

It seems some people can see a temporary change right away due to a bit of swelling. Can you see anything like that right now, or do you feel like you look exactly the same at this point?

Hi Megan. Yes, I'm so grateful for this site and all the people who have contributed to it! I have noticed changes in my marionette lines and eye lids. The frown lines are not as deep and I have more eye lids exposed than before but that's it so far. (more than I expected. yay!) I ran into some friends that I haven't seen in a couple of months on day 2 post treatment and they said I looked refreshed and well rested. lol (I didn't tell them about the procedure) Update: On day 3 I had peeling & flaking in some areas of my face (like when you get a sunburn) I haven't read where anyone else had that issue so I thought I should mention it.

Oh yeah, I haven't heard about peeling and flaking after Ultherapy either, so I'm glad you mentioned it. I'm assuming it cleared up pretty quickly?

Yes, back to normal. Since noone else has had this issues, it may have been a reaction to the numbing cream or gel.

Oh interesting thought, could very well be.