My Rhinoplasty Experience - Germantown, TN

Hi, my name is Haley and I am 15 years of age (16...

Hi, my name is Haley and I am 15 years of age (16 in a couple weeks). I have never liked the side-profile of my nose. It doesn't fit my face at all, I would feel much more confident about myself if it wasn't so large. I'm completely okay with the front-view and cartilage, I just basically want the perfect ski slope nose that almost everyone else is lucky enough to have.

Before pictures

My surgery is in exactly one week and I could not be more excited! Here are a few before pictures of my nose.

Pictures

Thanks everyone so much for all the support. It seriously means a lot. c:

Surgery day!

Last week, i got my blood results in and everything was fine. and today I finally got my surgery done. Everything went perfectly fine, and I can already tell the hump on my nose is no more. When I first arrived, we finished up paper work, took before pictures, and they ask me to wash my hair and face three times with soaps provided and remove all my piercings. I then discussed again with my doctor what exactly I wanted, and next thing you know, I had my IV hooked up and was being operated on. The whole thing was a very pleasant experience with no pain. I have to wear a splint for a week, I'm getting it off the day after my birthday (Sept. 9). So far, the swelling isn't too bad and I haven't had any nausea. The bleeding was pretty bad at first, so I had to wear a "dressing mustache" throughout the day up until now. Tomorrow, I'm going back in to allow them to check everything, and then I'll be heading home! I had to stay in a hotel in the area due to the fact that I live in a different state. I'm just extremely excited to see my nose without the splint, which is the best birthday present ever. Oh, and excuse my odd faces in these pictures, haha.

Day 2

Bruising and swelling is starting to show today, but I haven't had to take any pain meds! When I went in for my follow up today, they cleaned some of the dried blood out of my nose with this fancy suction tool. And they also said I would be able to get my splint off a day early, meaning I'll get it off on my birthday (yay!). That also means when I take my new driver's license picture, I won't have a splint on my nose, haha. Anyway, everything is going fine so far and I am extremely happy I decided to do this. Hope everyone has as great of a day as I'm having! c:

Day 3 &4

Day 3 was very exhausting. I slept most of the day thanks to my pain pills. I've been sleeping in a recliner because it helps keep my head elevated to reduce swelling. I have a humidifier nearby, which is VERY helpful. You definitely want to invest in one of these for recovery. My cats have been keeping me company, I guess they can tell I don't really feel all that great. I still can't breathe out of my nose, which is probably the worst part of all this. I haven't taken any pain meds today in the hopes that I might feel like studying for my Microbiology class later. So far, recovery hasn't been all that bad. Can't wait to see my new nose!

Day 5

I'm in absolutely no pain today, but I still can't really do much. You can still kinda see the yellow bruises under my eyes, all the other bruising has went away, along with most of the swelling. My face feels so gross because I haven't been able to wash it in a week (can't get my splint wet). BUUUUUUT, I FINALLY GET MY SPLINT OFF TOMORROW! I'm so excited to see my nose. It really is the best birthday present ever. I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

Happy Birthday to me!

Got my splint off today and I could NOT be more pleased with how my nose looks. C:
I'll post more pictures later as the swelling goes down.

2 Months

It's been about two months since my surgery and I could not be happier with my results. I know my nose hasn't fully healed yet and I won't see the real final results until about a year, but I'm still so much happier. I have absolutely no regrets. My nose isn't that sore anymore, and the swelling has definitely gone down quite a bit. I still have to be careful with the tip of my nose, if I bump or press too hard into it, it kinda hurts. Anyway, I just wanted to update a little bit. I'll try to update again in another 2 months. Again, thanks for all the support!

6 Months

At six months, one side of my nose (the part where the bone kinda sticks out from the swelling) finally looks normal. The other side still is swollen and therefore still sticking out a little. However, the doctor said I should expect this; that one side usually stops swelling before the other. Overall, at this point, I am still very pleased with the results and I cannot wait until one year to see the final result.
Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

So far, my experience with Dr. Langsdon has been very pleasant. He thinks I am a good candidate for the procedure and seems very excited to help me get through this.

Glad to hear you're happy with results. Would love to see current nose. Thanks.
wow amazing
You look really pretty! congratulations
You look great! Happy belated birthday!
Happy sweet sixteenth birthday! You're adorable!
beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! you look flawless girl!!! and happy birthday :D
Happy for you! Congrats n happy bb.
How exciting for you it looks great! Congrats! I got my rhino on the 4th and cast off on Thursday - over it!
You look great!
Awesome...can't wait to see the pictures!
I am glad the surgery went well for you. Your nose looks great already I can tell. New nose would be a nice birthday present!!
hi im 15 too and im 7 days post op! let me know how everything goes, good luck!
Thanks! Good luck with yours as well. :)
Ooo You're going to look so good !!!! :)
how exciting! I wish technology was as advanced as today when I was your age! I'm almost 50 and getting mine in 2 weeks. I'm sure you will love it! You are a very pretty girl.
Thank you! I wish you luck with your surgery as well!
good luck! Keep us updated :)
Now that I see your before picts, I think you should also discuss with your doc the tip. It looks a bit big to me in this photo. Another issue is that sometimes after a hump removal the front gets wider and that's what happened to me. Just make sure you discuss mention this to your surgeon. All the best.
I definitely have the same concern with the tip, and I plan on discussing it with my doctor. Thanks for the honesty. c:
Thanks for the support, it's much appreciated. I've actually edited a photo of myself with the ski slope nose, and I really think that's the way to go for me. And thanks for the list too!

Welcome to RealSelf and happy early birthday! Keep in mind that the ski slope nose isn't for everyone (doesn't look good on all faces) and that a straight nose can look great, too. I'll be rooting for you. Please keep us posted!

Oh, and have you checked out this list of supplies you might need for recovery?

good luck, Haley. I hope your surgery goes well. Please update us.