SmartLipo, Might Not Be So "Smart" - Valdosta, GA

I had smartlipo on my abs,flanks, outer thighs on...

I had smartlipo on my abs,flanks, outer thighs on 21 Mar 11. I'm 5'7, 142lbs (was) and workout 4-5x per week. I've had 2 kids and quite frankly, all the diet & running in the world just couldn't get rid of my saddlebags.

My procedure took about 3 hours from start to finish and I was awake the whole time (a little weird). It went great. First day I was a little sore but a little to drugged up to care. The next day I went for a follow up and I was amazed at the results not even 24hrs later. We took some photos and I went on my way. Days 3-7 have been totally different though. It seems I left the Dr's office & woke up the next day 10lbs heavier and looked like someone took a bat to my body.

I wear my "spanx" 24/7 and only have taken them off to shower and then a brief rest period to let my private's air out a bit. The last 2-3days have been the worst. My thighs are so so badly bruised and swollen it actually hurts to just graze the area. I have a hard time sitting, walking and forget about trying to sleep. I was told to resume my normal gym activities (know my limits and trust how I feel) but I haven't been able to even get through 5min on the elliptical let alone go for a jog!

I have another appointment today and an anxious to hear what he has to say. I just cant get past the fact that not only do i see ZERO improvement, I see that I am badly bruised, way bigger than I was the day off and NONE of my clothes fit. Its very hard to deal with at this point...

I'll let you all know what i find out today at my 2nd appointment.

Well, 2 days since my 2nd follow up and I feel...

well, 2 days since my 2nd follow up and I feel like a new person! Very happy! Turns out I just had somne swelling and was prescribed a few meds to help me out. Couldn't be happier!
Southern Skin & Wellness Center

My DR is awesome and I don't doubt him at all. I am a patient for other services the center provides and have very little complaints (the tend to run behind on appts). I just think the smartlipo advertisement in general needs a serious update. There is pain, there is bruising & swelling and people need to know the REAL story...not the perfect scenario.

Glad to hear you're getting your swelling sorted, LTGB2007. :) How are you feeling now?

still very sore. tightness, numbness and dificulty lying in bed on lipod sites but holding on, only one month out. hopefully the 3-6 month recovery is way better.
i had two different lipo procedures, upper lower abs back, waist flanks. Smart lipo was also used although i had general anesthesia, iknow everyone is different but the concept of returning to work or activities quickly no way. I was totally crazy. i was out a whole week day 2 was painful. i feel your pain i'm in week 3 of recovery and still achy very sore inside. i guess its just a healing process. good luck and it will get better.
what meds were given for the bruising and swelling it bin 8 days and im still bruised and swollen i know it takes a while but hoping for something to speed up the process
It was 3 pills-potassium, furesemide (water pill) and prednisone. Been taking for 3 days and its made a huge difference. I'm also taking arnica (oral) every 4 hrs and using the arnica gel 3x per day. Making a big difference! Good luck to you...hang in there and call your dr! Mine has been amazing.