18 Year Old - Georgia, GA

I have had acne since I was 12 years old. It...

I have had acne since I was 12 years old. It continued to get worse and worse the older I got. When I was 17 I was sick of dealing with it. I had tried multiple different face washes and cleansers. I finally decided it was time to make a trip to the dermatologist. They gave me two types of creams and an anabiotic. I used the creams twice a day and took the anabiotic once a day for a month. All it did was make my face itchy and red making my acne more noticeable. I went back to the dermatologist. They suggested accutane. I went on birth control for a month (it's required) before starting accutane. It's definitely a process having to answer ?s on ipledge, going to the dermatologist, and getting blood work done every month. However, I this whole experience has been so worth it for me. It gets worse the 1st month and a half or so. Then it gets so much better. After the 3rd month you no longer have breakouts. It's the nicest feeling ever. My joints did hurt especially my back and I had super dry lips (which I used aquifer on). But it got rid of my acne completely. NO MORE PIMPLES. If you've had acne and just can't seem to get rid of it I think you should definitely consider taking accutane after talking to your dermatologist of course. Accutane really is a life changer. Its been a hard journey due to the side effects that I mentioned earlier but in the end it's SO worth it.
Reagan Philips

Super involved and helpful throughout the whole process.