Mohs with No Plastic Surgery - Lawrenceville, GA

In November 2010 I had Mohs surgery. I had a BCC...

In November 2010 I had Mohs surgery. I had a BCC just to the side of my right nostril. I felt it, but it was too tiny to see. My dermatologist biopsied it and it was BCC. I was referred to a specialist in Mohs. I did not have a plastic surgeon afterwards and my scar is really not noticeable. It took 12 stitches, but they healed really well. No one knows about it unless I tell them.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Kind and gentle and did excellent job with sutures so that my scar is not noticeable.

Hi Everyone. I'm sitting out her terrified because my Dr. called Friday evening and said the biopsy on the left side of my nose is Bcc. I've had to prior surgeries for Bcc, one on my forhead and one on my right temple. These were both fairly easy as the scars could be hidden by skin/hair on the forhead and hair on the temple. But the nose? I've been looking at some of the after photos and I'm really scared. Has anyone had a flap done on their nose that healed well without excessive scarring? Can a plastic surgeon repair scars in needed after the fact? My doctor wanted me to call his office and schedule an appt for the surgery and I will. Any information you guys have would be so appreciated. I'm out here in Hawaii, the land of SUNSHINE...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling scared. How are you doing now? Have you scheduled your surgery?

Here is some information you might find helpful:

Non-surgical Option to Remove Basal Cell Cancer?

Mohs Surgery Scar on Nose

Mohs Surgery on Nose - Stitches or Left to Heal by Itself?

How Well Do Skin Grafts Match From Inner Ear to Nose?

Hi Joylnn,

Welcome to the community. Yay, glad they were able to catch and fix the problem before it got any worse. Did you have any pain or downtime? 12 stitches seem like a lot, do you have a scar? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Yes, there is a scar, but it is in the fold and barely noticeable and with makeup, not noticeable. The only thing that hurt at surgery were the 1st couple deadening shots--nothing else.

Well, that's nice on both accounts. Glad it all worked out.

Thanks,