Breast Reduction in Georgia

I got a breast reduction 6 days ago. I was at a...

I got a breast reduction 6 days ago. I was at a 38DDDD/38FF (depending upon manufacturer). I have always been heavy chested. I remember in the 4th grade my teacher told me I needed a real bra, not a training bra. Embarrassing moment that has just set the pace for my "chesty" future.

I'm 23 now, I've been wanting a reduction since I was 18. I have been so insecure with myself, my body and my boobs. I finally looked into it and after 17 days I got approval that my insurance would cover 80% of the procedure, which to me was worth it! Not to mention all of the back pain, neck pain and body aches that came along with toting them around. I have never had surgery, but this just seemed like the right thing to do.

I'm not gonna lie, it hurt and it still hurts, but the relief of big breast is instant. I feel lighter and already more confident about my body even with stitches and swollen breast! I am so much happier already and I realize what little pain I may have now would be nothing compared to an even longer life with excessively large breast. I would do it again tomorrow!

Today is 1 week post opt, still very sore, swollen...

Today is 1 week post opt, still very sore, swollen and bruised. BUT---I am startinng to feel better a little every day. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures from my iPhone. When I try to do it, it's greyed out. Any suggestions? Or do I need to do it from my CPU? They are looking great and my clothes are looking great too!! Hope everyone else has a positive experience like I have so far!

Hey ladies...question! I'm feeling better. The...

Hey ladies...question!

I'm feeling better. The swelling has gone down a lot and they look really good! Almost at the 2 week mark! I have pain around my incisions, especially the ones under the breast it's like a pinching feeling. Is that possibly the stitches dissolving? At first I thought they may be infected, but I have no discharge it's just internal soreness and light sharp pains. Is this normal?

Hi....its been awhile I was wondering how you were feeling. Last week I had my infection cut out with surgery, I was having my infection hole packed 3x a week, and I was getting tired of it. The surgery went well, still sore, but NO hole! Looking forward to a new year...getting all my ducks in row.... Let me know how your feeling. Happy Holidays!
Hi! I'm so glad you got everything squared away. I'm feeling much better. Although the other day I was exercising my upper body and one of the stitches interally popped open. It was a small incision place, but I guess it's too soon to be doing that kind off exercise! One thing I'm really struggling with is the scars on my sides. You can't tell I was cut around my nipple or on my breast or under, but you can on the sides and I've been really self concious about it. I know it's worth it and I knew they would be there but it's just weird. I know they will fade with time. What are you using for scar treatment? Have you tried exercising? I'm so eager to loose weight now that I don't have all that weight up top. Other than that I'm doing great, still a little sore on the left side from time to time, but overall I am doing fantastic! Today marks 9 weeks.
We both made awesome choices....when we are feeling better....watch out Victoria Secret! to be able to buy a bra off the rack..a pretty one.....will be like a gift from heaven....
Mrs. O....do the sharp pains feel like little piranha chewing inside the breast? That is normal, and it means good healing. How is your nipple sensation? I have to admit, as large (44H) I did'nt have much nipple anything.....wahooooo now...could take a little getting used to!
Yeah, I guess they do feel like that! So glad it's normal! My right nipple has some feeling, my left not so much but I heard it takes time! Tomorrow is the 2 week mark. I am thrilled with the results and I honestly don't care if I ever have nipple sensation again! It's so worth it!
I'm feeling better. The swelling gas gone down a lot and they look really good! Almost at the 2 week mark! I have pain around my incisions, especially the ones under the breast it's like a pinching feeling. Is that possibly the stitches dissolving? At first I thought they may be infected, but I have no discharge it's just internal soreness and light sharp pains. Is this normal?
Mrs. O

How are you healing? But i went down to a D. I might be smaller im not sure but im happy with my results. My swelling has gone down alot since the first couple of days. Before they felt like hard rocks but now they are starting to soften up. But my pain was very minimal. I mean i was up and moving the first day after surgery. the surgery went really well for me. and im very happy about that. the pain meds they gave me really didnt seem to work sooo i just learn to tolerate the pain...
How did your nipple get infected and what does packing it mean? How do I prevent that?
Mrs. O..... my one nipple just went sour, no real reason, it developed a "fester" and they had to cut it out, which caused a hole, a nurse comes daily to pack it with a gauze impregnated with salt and antibodies(mesalt) to draw the "sluff"-infection, out of the hole, I am told that because the breasts are fat, they take a while to heal. My left breast is beautiful....we have to wait on the right one's hole to fill up with good tissue. I am wondering if because I am right handed, maybe I over did it? I know each day, brings new healing...my surgery was to help me breathe....and that it has done, all that breast off has given me a new chance...so a little set back..I can handle...one main thing...eat a healthy diet while you are healing, my wound nurse said that was very essential for healing and avoid stress....
That sounds very painful, I am so glad it has positivly changed your life! I'm so excited! My husband has said he doesnt hear me snore anymore--I think this is why! I guess I am not gasping for air when I breathe while I sleep anymore!
Its amazing the effects this reduction will have...I think the most painful part was the armpit to armpit incision and its healing, I swore they shortened my arms, but thank goodness, I am getting better on reaching. Are your armpits numb?
No, I haven't noticed that, they feel "tighter" which I guess is where the skin was pulled.
I had my reduction on 7/26/2011, I was a 44h. I will not lie, this procedure is PAINFUL.but worth it. One of my nipples is infected and I have it packed every day, but even that is worth having the reduction. I know when I came out of surgery I was so flat, it scared me. But the evolution of your new breasts is fascinating...start flat, then lil teepee's, and then they start to drop and shape, my dr. said I should be a d cup, which totally is awesome. I am 54 and wished I had had this done 20 years ago....
Hi Mrs. O

I just had my reduction yesterday 9/27/11 and i must say its the best think to have ever happened to me.

I also had my reduction done in Georgia. I was in Savannah? My insurance believe covers 80%. I have Tricare. ( military insurance). What was your insurance company? I was a 44DDD or a 40F and i went down to a D cup. Im not sure what size iam now because if lots of swelling but other than that i feel sooo much lighter and all my shirts and sweaters fit soooo differently now its soo weird lol
I have BCBS, I supposedly went down to a D but mine are swollen so I can't tell for sure bc they are swollen to the side and up, so they look smaller around a C, but I dunno if they really are C's or bc they are swollen, I would think if they were swollen they would look bigger, but I'm thinking after they go down they will fall into place. Are yours like that? My 1 week post opt is tomorrow so I will ask my doctor. My husband really misses my boobs, but either way C or D I am happy! Best thing I have ever done. I already feel so much better back pain wise and self estem wise! I'm glad your happy with your results. How is the pain? I'm still very very sore.

Hooray! I'm so glad insurance covered a good chunk of this for you and you were able to get it done. What a relief. Thanks for sharing your story with us here on RealSelf.

So glad that the procedure was a positive experience for you! I'm hoping it will be just a great for me when I have my surgery in December. Keep us posted on how the recovery goes for you -- I am curious to see how people around my age (I'll be 20 in October) handle the recovery since most of the experiences I've read about are of slightly older people --- wondering if it's different for our age group. Congratulations on getting it done!