Count Down is On...- Gastonia, NC

I am exactly one month away from the big day! I am...

I am exactly one month away from the big day! I am having a complete TT and lipo on flanks. I am scared beyond words. I am so worried about the recovery. I need some encouraging words!!!
I have been through a lot... my first child was over 10 lbs (he is now almost 20), my second child was over 11 lbs (he is now 15). I weighed about 130 lbs before my first pregnancy...after both children my highest weight reached 250+ lbs. I have been working really hard over the last 7 months and have lost about 60 lbs...yippie!! I also need to mention that I am an amputee...I lost my left leg just over 2 years ago as a result of a golf cart accident. I feel like I can do this...can I???

well best of luck to you, how amazing that you are doing this for yourself, you certainly deserve it especially since you have lost all that weight and that you had the accident, best wishes to you and hugs to you, sorry you had the accident but sounds like you are a real trooper and this shows that life does go on, you go girl, best of luck and keep us posted and post some pics when you get a chance
I am feeling much better today about my upcoming TT...I was really freaking out there for a while...I was questioning my decision...should I have it done or not. But now I am convinced that I am doing the right thing for ME! I am so tired of looking like I am 5 months pregnant...I want to look good again!!! I still need to loose weight but I will look so much better without this pooch. I can't wait!!! I am still very nervous about the pain and the recovery. I have heard so many different stories...some of you do great after surgery and some are really suffering for weeks and weeks. I sure hope I can handle it!!!
I think we all have or either are traveling the is it the right decision and how is my recovery going to be, I now I'm on that road now. I want to say that you are awesome! You have been through alot but you have not allowed it to set you back, you've managed to loose 60lbs! I'm struggling and I'm not an amputee. I don't know you but I know you're strong. I cant wait to see the results
I'm having a breast lift/reduction and tummy tuck with lipo of my flanks and mons. I had a consult with Dr. Emerson too. I really liked him a lot.
Who is doing your procedure? Are you nervous? I am so excited but worried about the recovery. I am not looking forward to being "down and out" for a while...but I know it will be worth it.
Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. I am not nervous about the surgery but am TERRIFIED about the results. I am actually pretty excited to be down for a little. I just finished up a masters program and internship. Add that to a full time job, two kids, dog, etc....I need a good rest. Just hate that it comes with pain! But I'm one of those people who keep going unless like knocks them down.
You seem to be a strong willed woman and with that being said I believe you got the ability to accomplish anything you set your mind to. Congratulations on your weight loss success it's no easy journey believe me I know, lol. After birthing 3 children my weight sky rocket from 125 to 268 but today I'm where I want to be...back in the hundred mark range so you just keep on going, you got this!!!!!
Thank you for your kind words. Congratulations on your weight loss as well!! Great Job! Have you had a TT or are you planning on one?
Yesssss , October 8th!!!!!! No complaints at all!!!!
Is the pain out of this world or is it tolerable? I am so proud of you!!!!
Pain, what pain lol?! Girl by day 3 I wasn't even taken any pain meds and after my surgery, of course I was still drugged up but I did exactly what my ps said. Soon as I got home I immediately took my first dose of pain meds and continue to do so every four hours and I never felt any pain(thank God) cause I have a very low pain tolerance !!!! Don't worry did as your ps says and you too will be just fine!!!!!
How in the world are you doing so well??? I am so glad that you are of course, but I have heard so many horror stories about the horrible pain and recovery. Please give me any tips, advice and examples of what you have done to be in such a good place. Do you have any recommendations on what items I need to have for my recovery. Any particular things that have made it easier for you. Again, I am so thrilled you are doing so good. Your positive comment really made me feel better today as I have been stressed about the pain. You are amazing!! I sure hope I am like you!!
Recliner, lol it played a huge role because it was so much easier to get up and down from it !!! Only thing I did was take my meds that doc prescribed (Demerol ) every four hours starting soon as I got home. I took the first dose and than I set my phone alarm for every four hours there after !!!! Let me tell you, I have a very low pain tolerance level and almost backed out cause of it but honey I'm so so glad I went forward, never got any pain just annoying tuggy, pulling, and sometimes burning like feeling(drains). Get the last one out Wednesday !!!!!!
Wow your an inspiration to us! Good luck
I meant to ask you what your weight loss plan was.
Congrats on the weight loss!! Good luck. I'm nervous too so we can lean on each other for support. My surgery is on 12/5
I will gladly lean on you and you can lean on me! I will be able to tell you how everything goes and keep you posted since I am having mine a few weeks before yours. What are you having done? I am doing a complete TT and lipo on flanks...I am so scared! I have had my leg amputated and I think I am more nervous about having this done than I was with my leg!!! How crazy is that???? I have lost my weight by completely changing the way I eat...I have changed my entire lifestyle. I stay away from carbs, anything white (bread, pasta, flour, sugar...), I drink a ton of water and eat a lot of salads. If I can do it - anybody can! Thank you for your support.
I know. U are an inspiration. I got my sick butt up this morning and exercised after I read your story. I have a cold... Maybe the flu but no excuses. I'm having a full TT and lipo of flanks. I'm praying the price includes the pesky fat under my bra ( back). I'll have to ask my PS. I'm so excited to have someone to share this journey with. I'll be checking on you!
We can count on each other...I have a feeling we will be a big help to one another. When are you scheduled for surgery? I want us to keep each other up to date. I am scared beyond crazy...are you?
Me too!! Mine is scheduled for 12/5. I'm beyond nervous. But I think I'm more excited and anxious than anything.
How are you feeling today....are you freaking out like me? I am also so excited...I can not wait to loose my belly!! I have lost a lot of weight and I am happy with the way I look except my stomach makes me look 5 months pregnant. I decided to really follow through with the procedure after someone asked me a couple of weeks ago when my baby was due...I was so embarrassed! I was working at my son's high school Friday night football game...so there were a lot of people around...I answered with "I am not pregnant...just fat"!! I mean really...NO ONE SHOULD EVER ASK THAT QUESTION UNLESS THEY KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SOMEONE IS HAVING A BABY...I MEAN NEVER!!! Now, if someone ask me when my baby is due I am going to say November 14th...(that is the date of my procedure)...HA!
Lol. I don't know how I missed this one. Your due date=day of surgery. Love it.  Just think... You'll be on the flat side in like 2 weeks. I'm jealous. I have to wait until Dec.
Great job with your weight loss!! I'm having my TT the same day. Good luck.
Are you as nervous about this as I am? I am scared about the recovery...YIKES!!!!
Yes I'm scared of the pain but beauty is pain and we're going to be fine!!