Had This Done a LONG Time Ago - Garden City, NY

I had Lasik eye surgery to correct my severe near...

I had Lasik eye surgery to correct my severe near sightedness back in October 2000. I was 29 years old at the time and getting married that month. I took a BIG chance that if ANYTHING was to go wrong, it could have ruined my wedding day! I was very lucky that everything went smoothly.

I can't think of a single "con" to having this procedure. It was the BEST money I've ever spent in my life!!! My vision was so bad before the surgery, that I had to put on my glasses to see the time on my alarm clock that was literally a foot away from my face! One day after the surgery, I had 20/40 vision and one week later, my vision was 20/20.

Here I am,almost 13 years later and now at the age of 42, I still have perfect 20/20 vision! I was told at the time of the surgery that I would probably have to wear reading glasses by the time I turned 40 and I STILL don't need them!
Like I said, it was the best money I ever spent. I'm sorry I don't recall the name of the Dr or the facility where I had it done. All I can remember was it was a brand new place in Garden City, LI, NY and the doctor had a deal he was offering at the time to have BOTH eyes corrected for $1,000 ($500/eye). I had NEVER seen a deal like that anyplace at the time (at the time, most Dr's were charging $4,000) and in fact, I've STILL never seen a Dr in the NY/NJ area charging so little.

I had found them while doing internet searches at the time. Again, this was 13 years ago. Not sure if they are still in business.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Deb. It's great to hear a long-term success story! For the price (I'm researching eye surgery now) I certainly want the procedure to last and 13 years is a pretty good endorsement! :)