Fraxel -Garden City, NY

I just had a fraxel to treat fine lines around...

I just had a fraxel to treat fine lines around mouth, eyes, and under chin area. I sat with numbing cream for about 45 minutes. The procedure took about 30 minutes. After the treatment my skin felt hot and looked like I had a sunburn.... After a few hours my face cooled down but there is still some redness and a bit swollen the day after.

Fraxel Day 2

Today I woke up with some swelling and my face looks a little distorted. My skin is red and feels a little like sandpaper....Im trying to do cool compresses, keep it moisturized and stay out of the sun.

Fraxel Day 4

Swelling has gone down a bit... some of the sandpapery skin has sloughed off. the skin underneath is soft and pink... making sure to avoid direct sun...and wearing SPF and reapplying often. The fine lines around my mouth and eyes are definitely better. The photo is just after I washed my face... no moisturizer yet, or makeup... The skin looks less red and pink w a little BB cream and concealer.

One week post

Skin is still a little pink... but the tone and texture is looking good... The crepiness is much better around mouth. Lines around mouth and eyes are still there but they say full results take weeks. I may have another one November.

pics

fraxel after one week

pic

12 days after fraxel

I was outdoors for a few hours yesterday wearing 50plus sunscreen... by the night my skin was very red and sunburned..... I washed with CereVe and gave my face a massage with moringa oil... by the morning it was much better- but I feel bad I wasn't more careful since the skin was new. I'm being much more careful now.
Laser Center

The provider was a RN- she was very knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. I felt very comfortable in her care.

What's the doctor's name you went to?

Thanks for sharing!  Are you having a series done or just the one treatment?  I hope you keep us posted on your healing progress, it is really helpful for the Community.  :)

so far just one... I've done a series of 3 Titans in the past which I also had good results from. I feel like the Fraxel was a little more powerful then the Titan treatments which really just left my skin a little plumped and pink. They say it takes a while to see the results...up to months.