Face It -Gainesville, GA

I agonized over the decision to have a facelift...

I agonized over the decision to have a facelift here in Georgia. I am originally from Connecticut not far from NYC and had my choice of high profile doctors. In the end I trusted my gut that my PS here was well trained and skilled. He turned out to be great and I love the results. It is not the easiest surgery in the world to endure so I don't want to make it sound like it is. It is painful and the real recovery can be long, you may look better relatively soon, but the numbness and discomfort can be much longer. The thing that makes it all worth it is the mirror ! I look at myself and am so pleased that I look like me but younger and refreshed. I still need a little restalyne around my eyes, we tried to use some fat from my neck but it wasn't enough to fill the lines. That is fine with me, I am willing to do a little more tweaking but not much. Overall I am 100% happy with my PS and my face !

I just want to clear up that my Doctor is not...

I just want to clear up that my Doctor is not Douglas but Donald or DJ Campbell MD. He is at Northeast Georgia Plastic Surgery Associates .

Its been about 3 months and I am really happy with...

its been about 3 months and I am really happy with my lack of jowels ! I started using the Obagi skin care system routinely and it is making a nice difference in my skin texture and brown spots. I am committed to taking good care of my skin and making the most of this surgery ! I am going to have some filler in my tear troughs as my face is smallish and all the fat seems to leave there first, so wish me luck that the grand finale will be some under eye filler !

no jowls no more

neck and jowls are so much better !!!!!

face it update

9 months post surgery. I feel great, no numbness or tingling, my ears are not pink anymore, no swelling and my jowls are gone. I am a bit hollow under my eyes but am having gradual filler added to the orbital area above cheekbones and maybe that will eventually fill it in a bit. Overall I am 100% happy with my results !

1 year anniversary

Its been one year since my facelift and I am truly happy I did it. The results settled in nicely and I look at myself in the mirror and like what I see. Am I perfect, nope, not at all but I look rested, my skin is smooth (with the help of photofacial every so often) and I drink copious amounts of water and eat right. So all in all I say if you are doing your part and nature is not co-operating, do it !
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

A friend mentioned him to me and then I googled him for his training and credentials. He was one of about 5 that I researched and 2 that I had consultations with.

Hi Susano22. I do not know if you got my PM, and if I am asking this and you do not want to reply, I understand: Have you any opinion on Dr. Vincent Zubowicz? He is an Atlanta PS. Thanks, M
Neck is a significant improvement; and your whole face looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
thanks very much
You look fantastic -- finally a one year post-op --
I am super happy with my result. I went home to CT 3 weeks ago and everyone gave compliments on how I look but no one could put a finger on what it was.......
Its nice to see such a positive review. You are very pretty, and that always helps with successful facelifts. I am 47 and now setting the stage for a facelift in my future. I have asked a PS and he said no at this point. I imagine a couple more years:) If you had any advice, what would it be? I wish I knew who was "the best facelift PS", and how long the recovery time REALLY is. I have an elementary school child who would not like to see me in a battered state, so thinking out-of-town facelift at some point. Any advice? Oh, and I have already had a BA if you look ay my profile:) Blessings!!!!
Wow your body is fantastic, kudos ! With or without your implants you have stayed in great shape. I like the implants though I think they give your silhouette definition. Thanks for your kind words too. I know what you mean about the real recovery time, its 1 year, but to go out and have people not ask what happened is 6 weeks. For a child below grade 4 I would say it will take 2 weeks and some good concealer so they don't think mommy went a few rounds in the ring. Can you post some facial shots and then I can give you real advice?
Hi! I just stepped in to check face lift reviews, and checked yours again. Thanks for the compliment. I could PM you some face photos. I would hate to put them in the BA section:( Some real weirdo men stalking there. I will take photos tomorrow. Thanks so much!!!!!
Thanks for this review and your photos. I'm glad you gave your age as I read along as I am 52 -- so right around the same. In your before photos you seem to have about the same things going on as I do. My surgery is February 25th. This review gives me hope for great results. You look wonderful!
I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly, I am excited to see your progress as you post your pic. FYI I took Arnica prior to surgery which my doc was fine with. It is known to reduce swelling and bruising and promote healing. Good luck !!!
Thanks! I started taking Arnica today. I probably should have put my journal in the facelift section, but I placed it in the lower facelift section of this forum. Anyway, that's where I am. :)
Good Luck! I
I have a appt with dr. Campbell March 5 but I very nervous because I have not talked to anyone about his work I need facelift brow lift and neck lift. Please follow up with me and let me know if you are happy with his work
I have a consultation in April and I will be travelling from Canada. Can you tell me how long you feel it might be before you would be able to travel back home and how long before you would have felt comfortable returning to work? Thank you. You look absolutely beautiful! What a difference!
Sorry my reply is so late in coming, I don't check the site often enough. I think it depends largely on how self conscious you are to determine returning to work. I am retired so I cannot answer well, but it was 2 weeks before I could go out without looking so bruised and swollen. That was not a problem for me because I had a reaction to the pain meds and then got the flu !!!!! I was pretty happy in bed for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks you will feel and look much better but as everyone says its about 6 months before you are really looking like the new you. I think after 9 months all the feeling in my face returned, I had a nice result and was so happy. It is a year now and well worth it ! Good luck and keep in touch !
You look fabulous!
Hi, I've been looking at countless photos of facelift, yours is exceptional, you look beautiful. I've been searching for ps, I live in Miami, so, you can imagine the cost is greater because of big city. What type of facelift did you get? It looks like he lifted your cheeks as well as lower. There are so many different face lift, and they usually section off, upper, middle, lower, for obvious reason $. In my research I found many doctors write that the smas lift and deep plane facelift lifts from the cheeks to neck. Can you please tell me if your doctors did this and was that price with anesthesia . I would soooo appreciate response!!! Thank you, again you look amazing!
sorry for my late reply.... I don't check the site often enough. I am happy to answer all your questions. I believe I had the smas lift from mid face to neck. He did not do my eyes at all. He did in fact lift my cheeks a bit and I can feel one tiny suture in my left cheek where it is holding it up , lol. No big deal though. I live in the outskirts of Atlanta approx 90 minutes outside so our prices are so reasonable. I am from CT just outside NYC and the difference is staggering. Ready for this........ 8,000.00 for surgery and anesthesia. He is a very well trained M.D. who has been on the plastic surgery track his entire career. I am very leery of doctors who started out as occular surgeons etc and then have almost zero training but start doing plastic surgery. I got very lucky and thank you for the compliments ! I appreciate it. Cannot wait to see your pics when you decide. Let me know if I can help in any way.
I love the new pictures. You look beautiful! The dark hair looks really nice on you ~ Are you having permanent fillers put under your eyes?
Thanks for your nice words. I did have one small application of restyline, very small as Dr. C thinks it is a very tricky area and needs to be done over time, the rest went into my top lip which I do twice a year. This time it was a bit more than I like......
Your total cost was $8000.00 - I went to see a facial PS this week and he quoted me $8500.00 + operation room fees putting me around $12,500. He also looked at my eyes. He says my bags are not the problem. The problem is volume loss to my face. He says that I have virtually not fat left I my face. His solution to my hollowed eyes and cheeks.... Implants. That surgery is almost $7000.00. He said cheek implants alone would give me a fresher younger appearance.
Good info, thanks. I did have a little restylne in my upper cheek area and that seemed to help start to fill in the hollows a bit. I am learning that some dr's use fillers and slowly start to add volume in that area, but it has to be very little at a time. Are you in GA?
I am - I live in Lawrenceville. I really, really want to have a lift and due to all my time in the sun I need one....... I can feel people looking at me all the time!
You are super close to Dr. Campbell in Gainesville. I am not sure but I think the consult is free. I know I went to 3 different docs before I chose him. He is very well educated, went to Vanderbilt for his ps training and the program is held in high regard. He is young enough to be current but old enough to have a bit of experience, not that it matters but very handsome! If you ever want to see in person his work on my face I am happy to meet you for coffee. Good luck on your decision. ps- I am sure they are looking at you because you are attractive ! Thats what I thought when I saw your profile pic !
Thank you Susan - I have been to see three doctors so far..... The last is a Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dr. C Carson Huynh. Loved, loved him!!! He spent more than an hour with me. The last two spent maybe 15 minutes and by the time I left I felt like a disease!!! The only thing worse than feeling like you are old, ugly and decaying is to be treated like you are :( Sometimes I am afraid that the doctors looks at me and think "She is hopeless" To a point that I am almost embarrassed to go at all. Getting old is not for the weak and visits to the PS aren't either..... Hard to hear that you need work. One good thing I have going for me..... He said my eyebrows haven't began to drop - lol Anyway, Dr. C Carson Huynh is really quite expensive as is expected for a facial plastic surgeon. His fee is $8500.00 which does not include operating rooms fees. I don't quite have all the funds yet. I was quite disappointed when I contacted his office to get an estimate on my Botox and some fillers......... They haven't contacted me back. While I really liked him it seems as if though they are not interested in me if I am not spending the real big bucks :( I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Kim in Doraville on Thursday for Botox and fillers. They want my $$$ Your total cost was $8000.00? How is the scarring?