Extremely Pleased, Even with Some Bruising - Gainesville, FL

Had two syringes of Juvederm XC injected into...

Had two syringes of Juvederm XC injected into Marionette lines and Nasolabial folds by an experienced medical doctor. I do not take blood thinners or aspirin, but I do take a multivitamin that includes Gingko and I drink quite a bit of green tea. I never thought that might cause bruising until after the procedure. Consequently, I have some bruising - mostly on the top of my lip and in the marionette lines on that side. Most concealers do not work to cover the bruises. However, two shades and several layers of dermablend has covered it enough to go to work. I also picked up a product with arnica to help speed up the healing process. Part of the reason for the bruising in that area is the doctor worked to fix an asymmetry in my lips where one side was flatter and lower than the other. I am glad he took the time and caring to do things well.

At the same time as the fillers, I had botox done on the forehead, the glabellar region and the crows feet. I have some lovely green bruising next to one eye that is easily covered with concealer.

As the bruising is resolving (today is day 6), I am extremely happy with the results of both the Juvederm and the Botox. I still think it's amazing that we can take 15 years off our looks without surgery!

Nothing is perfect and I feel that if one goes into this procedure expecting perfect results, they will be disappointed. I am 53 after all and I have "earned" these lines. I don't want to look 25, just maybe 10 years younger and a bit more refreshed - like I just came back from a long, restful vacation - OK, maybe a little better than that. And the good news is that I do!!
Want to check with him first

Awesome!!

That is awesome to hear that you are loving your results! Have you been doing injectables routinely for awhile, or was this your first experience?

No. This was the first time. I love it!

Well congrats!! Please keep us posted on how it lasts, and if you decide to do it again - we'll want to know!! :)