42 Year-old Active Mom with Prior Breast Augmentation and Persistent Pain and Implant Movement - Gainesville, FL

I am an active mom, enjoy working out (running and...

I am an active mom, enjoy working out (running and light weights), bike riding with my kids, crafts, dancing and looking my best. I had a silicone breast implant procedure done back in June 2012 where the surgeon talked me into going "under the muscle" due to my activity level. From day one I had discomfort on my sides (laterally). The implants began to move more and eventually would slip almost into my armpit, and when I would lay down I felt like I was picking up my breasts and putting them back on top of my chest. The pain was also getting worse on my sides and my chest was getting weaker and I wouldn't do strength exercises for my chest due to pain and I had difficulty reaching overhead.

At the encouragement of a friend, I went and visited Dr. Richard Sadove in Gainesville. He was very kind and completed a thorough history and examination with me. Dr. Sadove later explained that my implant should not have been placed under my muscle as my pectoralis major had atrophied and the implant was now moving all around in the pocket. He recommended a revision and replacement with Gummy Bear implants.

I will say this. On the day of surgery, immediate after surgery, despite the small pain I felt from the surgery, I could tell I was a better. I now am back to running, lifting weights and being the active mom I love. Dr. Sadove, his surgery center and the office gave me the best care I have ever had. My life is back to normal because of this man. I had very little pain after surgery and he walked me through each step of getting back to my old self. I both feel and look great.

I had resigned myself after the first surgery that this is how it would always be. Dr. Sadove changed all that. His office is almost 1.5 hours away from me and in Gainesville which is much smaller than the city I live in, but going to see him was the best decision I ever made.
Congratulations on picking the right doctor (some are not so lucky and there are so mNy out there) You're 3 mos post. And back to normal. Did you need allograft! Did you have drains? How long before you could wash your own hair and lift your arms and start doing your upper body exersises? I am 16 days out still have a drain (will come out today) but I'm not supposed to lift my arms over my shoulders. I'm supposed to keep them by my side for 4 weeks (that's a long time) I want to do everything right so I really want to follow instructions but need to get back to work and being grandma to my month and a half grandson.
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sadove is warm, friendly, personable and treated me more than as a patient. I felt truly cared for. His office is 1.5 hours away but now I go and see him for everything.