It's Time for Me to Look out for Me! - Georgia, GA

Getting my insurance to reply was the worst. I...

Getting my insurance to reply was the worst. I first discussed this with my physician in September paperwork was submitted and we heard nothing back. I called office several times for update and they had no more insurance than me. I called insurance company every week day for 3 weeks and finally got the answer "APPROVED, except $1000". I get pre-op couple days before procedure, no big deal. I checked into out-patient @ 6:00 a.m. and checked out @ 1:00 p.m. surgery was about 2 hrs (but I don't do well with the waking up process). I went home with 2 difference pain medication and antibiotics. But honestly wasn't in a lot of pain at all. BUT I have a very high toleration for pain. I took a total of 2 pain pills one the night of surgery and the next night (because I was afraid of getting in pain) after that no pain meds was necessary. I was up walking(bent over), but walking the morning after surgery. I have f/u apt with Dr. he and I were both well pleased. He told me I could stay off work for 10 to 14 days, but it really wasn't necessary (FOR ME). I would and have recommended this procedure to my "fluffy girlfriends". Wish I would have done this years ago!!!! Can't wait until summer. :)
May I ask which insurance you have?
TnPeech, Thank you for posting this information. I am soo beginning to think it's time for me to do something about this flap. I too had large babies, nearly 9lbs and then nearly 11lbs! The flap is because I was sooo huge during my pregnancies. 24 years later...!!!@ I am 51 and not at ideal weight. And with the most recent hormonal changes (menopause) , it seems I may never reach ideal weight. It's been 24 years now and I am HAPPY with ever other curve on my body. Just need that flap gone. I'm a bit scared to be cut on again. But so unhappy with this flap. Especially because it's always irritated, itching, hurting, oozing, etc., etc.,...I'm so sad about it!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing with us!

If you don't mind me asking, because of the long incision line, did you have any fears/trouble with the incision splitting or opening at all?

Macon Plastic Surgeon