Sprinolactone for Hormonal Acne -Fullerton, CA

It seems like I have battled acne since I was 16...

It seems like I have battled acne since I was 16 years old, now I am 26, so a good ten years now (confined to my jaw and chin).I remember breaking out pretty bad as a freshman in High school but then I went on birth control and while I was on it, I don't really remember having any acne. Maybe a small zit here and there. Nothing crazy though. For some un known reason I went of birth control when I started college. I don't remember how long after that, but I would break out pretty bad. ONLY on my chin/jaw area. I dealt with it for a year or so and went back to birth control. But a different brand since my insurance had changed. I was still breaking out! Not nearly has bad but I was still getting cysts in that area. I would go to derms and they would put me on topicals and oral antibiotics. The topicals made my sensitive and fair skin worse! So I would stop those. Antibiotics would definitely help, but once I stopped, the acne came right back!
About 6 months ago, I woke up with 3 HUGE cysts on my chin. I ran out to get antibiotics from my derm again. At this point, I feel as though antibiotics still help a bit but are not nearly as effective. I got to a point where I knew it was my hormones. I had blood work done, sure enough, slightly elevated testosterone. My derm told me to see an endocrinologist. I felt that was a bit excessive. So I went to see another derm (dr. Sires office in Fullerton ca). I derm I spoke to said sprinolactone would be a good fit for me. I just started my first dose last night. I am only on 25mg at twice a day. However, I still am on antibiotics as I am worried about an initial breakout from the sprino and truthfully I am scared to go off the antibiotics. I will keep updating !

Update

So it's been almost a week since I started the sprinolactone.
I was feeling great (except being a little more thirsty) until today. I have a slight dull headache which I think is due to the fact that I didn't drink enough water today. After work I had to run errands and after about an hour I could tell I was getting a little dehydrated. A little more tired than usual today too.
I have no yet experienced an initial breakout out and I'm praying that I don't. My face is starting to actually look a little better so I really don't want it to get worse. I have noticed a slight decrease in the amount of blackheads on my nose. Not sure if its due to the sprinolactone or the new cleanser I purchased. The cleanser doesn't have any exfoliating agents in it, so maybe its is due to the sprino.
I also feel slightly less oily.

Almost 2 week update

So I've been feeling pretty good from the sprionolactone. A little bit tired. I might ask my doctor if I can take both 25mg at night. Even if I get 8 or 9 hours, I'm still tired. And I have been drinking a tonnnnn of water.
I did have a pretty deep pimple surface but I've seen it lurking on my skin for a few weeks now. So I don't think it was brought on by the sprionolactone. I popped it Friday night and now I'm still left with nasty reddness around the area. Lucky me. I just want my skin to go back to normal. :-(

One month update

So besides feeling a little less oily, haven't noticed much of a difference. Went to my derm today and she up'ed my dosage to 100mg.

7 weeks in

So I've been in 100mg for about 3 weeks now. Haven't noticed anything :-(. I'm fact, last week I had a huge cyst surface that is still on my face. And I think I'm getting one on my forehead too. Which is weird because I never breakout on my forehead. Can anyone tell me how long it took to see results. I'm getting very impatient.
Fullerton Dermatologist