Saline Injections for Acne Scars Were Complete Waste of Time and Money - Fullerton, CA

I recently went to a doctor in Fullerton and spent...

I recently went to a doctor in Fullerton and spent about $1100 for a series of saline injections for acne scars. Other than making my face look like it was bee stung for a few days after each session, there was no scar improvement at all. When I mentioned this to the staff, I was told to keep coming back. It went from being told that improvement would appear in 6 - 9 treatments to 13 or more. I stopped after 9 treatments. Save your money and try something else. Any improvement you get will likely be very minimal or not noticeable.

Until I read your experience I never even knew this was a prodecure! I know how frustrating it is to feel as though you wasted your money. I've had Juvederm, Perlane, and Restylane injected into my scars. The doctor who injected the Juvederm had never used it for acne scars before, so it was a bit lumpy. The Perlane was a COMPLETE waste of money, and as a result I wrote a review of my experience. Both the Perlane and Restylane were injected by my dermatologist. The Restylane has (thankfully) lasted a long time in the painful, depressed scar I developed as a result of an acne cyst that I had injected with cortisone, but the remaining Restylane he injected into my other acne scars has since disappeared. He used a Botox needle, which I thought was great. I plan to have more injected when I can afford it.
Jabberwocky, was the Restylane lumpy too? And how long has it lasted? Please reply. Thanks.
Hi A. The Restylane was a tiny bit lumpy, but I believe the smaller Botox needle allowed for greater precision and more localized injection. I had Restylane injected last December. Some still remains in the deep cyst scar (because I can still feel it) but the remainder has since disappeared. I plan on having more injected when I have the funds.

I chose this provider because he is the only one doing this treatment. I felt I was misled on the results when I had the first consultation. The part that no results are possible are downplayed. Wait times were horrendous (over an hour most times) and one team member was rude and unprofessional when I called to say I was not happy with results.