Full Tummy Tuck Got Rid of my Pouchy Stomach

I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and...

I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo of my inner and outer thighs, back, subbra roll, and back of my arms. I did this mainly because my stomach was beginning to pouch over a previous scar from surgery. My plastic surgeon recommended certain procedures and I also requested specific areas for the lipo. I did a lot of research on the web and other doctors’ sites. I also looked at a lot of pre- and post-op pics.

The best advice I can give in retrospect is to not expect support from family or people you know. That is why I turned to the web. I knew the medical group that I was going to get it done by years before I did it. They have a great reputation in my area. They are artistic doctors and very positive and affirming... just what I needed.

When we arrived at the surgicenter at 7 a.m. the day of, no one was around. I thought that was different; I was the only patient. My husband was pacing like an expectant father and he just kept trying to make me laugh. I think it made him feel better. Everything seemed to go well. They had some trouble getting the IV in a vein initially; they stuck me four times. I had minimal bruising from the actual procedure. The only real problem was that my labia (genitals) were so purple they look black! It was totally freaky to look at it. The nurse gave me IV drugs the first night but I got no sleep. I was too high. I stayed up, walked around and talked to Marianna the nurse all night. I never really did sleep. She said that she never had a patient that did not complain and was so active. I had some minimal swelling but it never turned into “swell hell” as the tummy tuckers say.

I had to go back to work on the 10th day post-op. Recovery was tough for a couple days and tolerable and worth it for several months after. After over two years I still get swelling and itching sometimes, but it’s worth it and I would recommend the surgery. When I sit down I have no roll at all anymore. It is straight. But do not expect it to change YOU. Only your body.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in