Confiused? Too Much Swollen And Bruises! Tt is Not As Easy Like It Looks in Their Adds And Brochures - Fort Lauderdale, FL

It is still early . Two weeks ....i pray To God...

It is still early . Two weeks ....i pray To God that everything gets in the right place! The staff is nice but they don't have that special care ! For me ......every thing is fast for my pace.i Nothing is that important for then ! Oh it will past it is normal....i just don't know what To expect ... It is not so far an easy journey not yet amazing I want To feel normal as these adds make me believe! I am still anxious

Thank you for all the responses! It is 5 weeks the...

Thank you for all the responses! It is 5 weeks the bruises had gone in the 4 th one ! Pain really is the 5 days then it comes and goes specially if I lift something heavy or due exercise ! I don't feel my ears and I can not wear any earring that has a little little weight I dnt understand it ' ! It is like the earring was pulling and it hurts! Do I look good? Yes! Still I'm not a 100 percent happy with my jaw I just waiting to see dr Rodriguez this 6 week! Will I do it again ?? No if I think in this down time! I still can not believe all what we do and put ourselves thru to look better! Please keep me posted with ur progress ! It is good to know that everything will be better ! I am from other country and I wouldn't have anything done if I was not going to stay in that place at least 5 weeks!! Things come up and it is good to reach and be seeing again!
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tv add then Google

Hi there,

We'd love an update! Are you still happy with what you see in the mirror? :)

What exactly did you have done...? Just the LSL, or anything additional...?
I went back too work on day 4 because my job was in a home. I still did the did the iceing. I had a great Dr. and don't think I will need anything done until I am at least over 70. I feel my face looks better every year. Maybe I am just not as critical as I was when I was younger. It has been 8 months since I had a little fat put in my lips. I have read where alot of drs. say it doesn't take in the lips. I have too say they are so wrong as far as I am concerned. I love the looks of my lips. I am so happy I don't have too keep getting fillers. I was told by a lady that said she had fat transfered too her lips 13 yr. ago and she still has full lips. I didn't know they did that years ago!! Anyway my dr. is good at doing lips. At least I am glad I did mine.
Will you please submit a follow up review so that we can see your progression? I have a LSL scheduled in June and am getting cold feet!
Same here--getting "cold" brain. But--thought Dr. Rodriguez was on honeymoon in Hawaii. Did you JUST have it last month,April? Would you go out in public the 3rd day? I MUST go to an event (may stay quiet once I arrive) just 3 days after the LSL. Do you think I can possibly make it? I am willing to wear a head scarf. MR9136
I had my LSL done May 1st, upper eye, face and neck and laser. Depending on what you will have done you cannot show your face in public for at least a week I would say. You have to wear the chin band for the first week until the stitches come out and wash and dress your face every few hours. Again this is for what I had done. I am also concerned about my swelling in particular on my neck. I have to travel for business on the 13th and I was told I would be completely healed in 2 weeks. Right now I cannot see that. For me the jury is still out....I think it will be ok but if I had to do this over I would give myself a good 3 to 4 weeks before scheduling and events where I have to be presentable. I am dreading my trip.....
I have a trip in June, BUT--a bigger concern- for me--an important CONVENTION beginning May 22 (and I volunteered to help set up for it on the 20-21 of MAY) . I NEVER could find 2 weeks in my life to recoup---now---scheduled for tomorrow morning. Ouch!! I took the 2 suggested, prescribed meds (antibiotic and something else) today and fell asleep for almost 4 hours when phone rang. (I rarely take any medications.) So-now-many people know I will do this in the morning, but, did NOT tell daughters. (young, married mothers) Guess I don't want them to think I consider "outside" beauty that important. Mostly, I am nervous about the healing process, and how I will handle it at this convention. In my ESOL class next Mon. I guess I will just sit in back of group,(grit my teeth if I am in pain) and plan to keep quiet. Another concern: PLEASE: Quickly help me decide here: I cancelled the upper eye-lid thing for fer of taking too long to heal and all the above. Plus, I convinced my eyes look OK. Then-this morning I awake-and notice my lids HANG DOWN-Droop- terribly. I used ice cubes and now, later, they are about "OK". BUT--here--for no additional money--I can get the upper lids--what do "you guys" think I should do? I have already decide to go through with the rest of it all. Thank you fo your prompt replys. MR9136
Hi there! I know it is scary, especially when you have a busy life and have to be out in public. But I suggest that you go ahead and do the eyelids if it is included in the price. Yes, you will have additional healing to do on your eyelids, but in a few weeks it will all be healed and you will have the REST OF YOUR LIFE do enjoy the results. Take a long term view, don't sweat how you will look to people right now when you are healing. I told my friends and family that I had a laser procedure done, but I didn't mention the facelift part - no one seemed to notice or care. I even wore the jaw bra to a class and no one seemed to notice. Also - I understand about not telling your daughters. I have some close relationships that I didn't tell because I thought they would judge me as shallow for valouing outside beauty. But my husband was supportive and helped me realize that you can believe in yourself and love yourself on the inside enough to invest a little in the outside. So I encourage you to do everything you can including the upper eyelids now. You will get it all over with at once and save yourself the regret in a year that you didn't do it when you could. Speaking of regret - I have had two surgeries on my face about 10 years apart and both times I had a couple of days afterward when I felt regret for having done it because I looked and felt bad (swollen, bruised etc.) THIS IS TEMPORARY! That feeling will pass in a a few days and within a few weeks it will be replaced with joy everytime you look in the mirror. I had people saying things like "you look great" and "you look so refreshed - what are you doing?" without me even asking them. hang in there and get through your healing - it will be worth it all in the end. REST AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE IN A RECLINER, USE ICE, BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELF. Put off what you can and rest after your obligations. Get out of as many obligations as you can to give yourself time to heal - you are doing this FOR YOU! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US ALL POSTED!
Hi 9136, I had laser, upper eyes and the lift done 10 days ago. Wore full make up for the first time today and saw some family members that did not know I had any procedure done and they didn't notice the scaring that is still very visible to me....so not bad...! I am healing nicely...still some swelling, some redness, don't like the sides of my neck with the swelling of the muscle but it's going down too. The incisions by the ear are hardly noticeable on day 10, I am amazed...so all in all seems good.... I have to travel for biz on the 13th and be at a lot of high profile events in LA next week...I guess I'll just suck it up and laugh if anyone does notice...not like they haven't seen plastic surgery in LA..hahahah:)
If u r like me ! Not even 4 weeks! To show ur face in any event!
Let me know about ur healing! For me 4 week with make up I showed to my friends. Still everyone is different
Dear Mnjinx, How I wish I'd rec'd your mess. Thurs. day before, I went in for the LSL. But anyway--I did skip the eye lids and had full face laser and lower and neck. I "think" the numbing injetion might have worn off too soon, because the last part of the laser was my forehead, and that part (only that part of the procedure) THE FOREHEAD BURNING HURT SO BAD I wanted to escape!!! But--on way home--we stopped for yogurt ice cream. Sat. I skipped my meeting. Went to church (a different one where I thought i would not know anyone) and saw friends we had not seen in yrs. She had recently had a full laser too and is very happy with it. I want to thank YOU so much for taking the time to write and share your similarities. Like the idea of just telling everyone I had laser. Tonight I go to my class and will wear a scarf making me look Muslim.Guess I will just cover the wrap, not my huge lips. The practicing Nurse told me my lips got so swollen because when they told me to put my teeth together, I bit down just as hard as I could -----on my LIP. Felt nothing. You sound so very understanding in so many ways. Correct, I "may" be disappointed I did not go for the lids. The doctor (Rodriguez) was absolutely wonderful, and the nurse so considerate. When it was over and i felt disoriented, she was most helpful and wheeled me out in a wheelchair. I was most impressed with each of them. Actually, I did think I was getting the lower eye lid. Guess when I said not the upper, he misunderstood. But--less healing time maybe. I have not taken more than one pain med. (first night) and am following all instructions about the antibiotics and the washing of face. Thanks again for all your support and understanding. Godd luck to you and God bless you too.
Thanks for reply. Guess you can read what I wrote above to nmjinx . Gotta get dressed up a bit jazzy for my class tonight. If I look OK elsewhere, maybe hey won't look at my face so much (LOL) I have a fancy long scarf over my wrap. This is only day 3.
Hi 9136! Yeah - I'm sorry I posted too late for you to get my message earlier - but anyway, you did the lift and the laser and that will make a big difference in how you look. I also could feel the laser burning me towards the end - and could smell it! The first week of healing is the worst - then it will get easier and easier.
I am one who ALWAYS likes to look up to date and sharp in public----but-----I had no intentions of missing one class if it meant I'd lose 60 points and fail the class. No, it is not necessary financially, that I work, but, I love it and also intend to keep my certification current. So--there I was tonight--bright red sore face from the full laser and head covered with a lovely scarf. (I actually own a real burka from Afghanistan. Thought about wearing it--but--no--I am not Muslim-It is a cultural class--and I "tried to think of how to make it all a learning experience. Still thought i might end of hurting the feelings of someone or another. So--there I sat--HUGE lips and all. I decided to go ahead and participate. They chose a diff. room for the class and the tiny corner in which I'd hoped to hide, no longer existed. It was more being embarrassed than in pain, though I did hurt some. I am too stubborn to take the pain pills. I followed dir. on the antibiotics. I also chickened out and did not have my eye lids done (it was going to be no more money, but, I'd read such bad reviews, and have so many events to attend) had FULL laser, cheek,lower lift and neck--not in much pain--just juggling my activities so as not to be out in the "open" any more than absolutely nec. A family event this coming Sat. cannot be cancelled for me. I get stitches out Sat. morning. just prior. I accept4d the idea of saying "I had a laser treatment" and--try to let it go at that. I am sleeping on bed but sort of sitting all night. Oh for the comfort of one of those Lazy Boys.
Please ask them to descrbe the procedure. They told me nothing. Had at least 50 shots in face to numb it. The drugs to relax me did nothing so I felt everything. the scares are much worse than they told me. A horrible experience. This was in HOUSTON.
I am at almost 8 weeks and I am so still concerned about how I look. They are full of carp about you can go back to work the next day.....I was bruised down to my chest and I had the lifestyle lift. I am miserable about the results. Would just be nice to just see a doc an doctor and not surgrical techs who have a 2 yr degree.
I had mine in Houston also, who was your Dr?
I am glad you showed a pic as people don't realize what an ordeal this is. I am at two weeks and am still puffy and numb.If you have a low pain tolerance as 10% ot the people do like me I would suggest paying the xtra money and going to a plastic surgeon who puts you under or it can be very painful.I just hope it's all worth it!
My pic is on facebook. I do not know how to post it here. Will try tomorrow.
I also struggled for the first two weeks - I was scared and thought I had made a mistake to do it. But don't worry, you will gradually start to feel normal again and even the little bumps under the skin and numbness will gradually fade. Be sure to follow the instructions for taking care of the incisions, wear the jaw bra, and use Mederma on the scar lines when they are closed. Soon you willl be looking in the mirror and smiling!
You will be fine the first 3 days are the worst. I went back too work on the 4th day. I do home care so it was not that bad. It all the icing and etc that is a pain in the butt. It has been almost 4 years for me and I still like it. I had a few other things done because I didn't like my jaw area. Didn't have too pay!!!
You said "didn't have to pay". Meaning?? You are advertising on TV perhaps?
Hi 9136, cannot speak for vick77 but my understanding is that some of the doc's work with you if you are not happy with the outcome and to revision work at no cost....that could be what she means by "didn't have to pay".
Vick77, I am curious too, what did you not like in the jaw area...was this after the lift....I posed a question about this as I am reading that some people didn't see improvement in the jowls...my number one reason I did this....right now it looks good but I am still somewhat swollen at 10 days and just hope it will look nice when all the swelling is down. Any insight is greatly appreciated.