Glad to Have my Pooch Gone! - Frisco, TX

After the birth of my second child, I had 4 cm of...

After the birth of my second child, I had 4 cm of muscle separation in my abs and an umbilical hernia. I am only 5'2" and 105 pounds so the bulge/pooch in my stomach was really obvious. I went to several doctors, including my OB-GYN who all said that the muscle separation could only be fixed with a tummy tuck. Still, I tried to exercise it away with no luck. I decided to move forward with the surgery when my youngest was a little over a year old.

I ended up doing a three-part surgery with three doctors: a tummy tuck (done by a cosmetic surgeon), an umbilical hernia repair (done by a general surgeon) and tubal ligation (done by my OB-GYN). I was really nervous leading up to the surgery and really, the hardest part was trying to schedule on my pre-op visits and blood work done with two kids. I'm now four weeks post-op and feel almost 100%. I was bent over for two weeks but every day I got better and better. Very glad I did it and can't wait to wear normal clothes again instead of poofy shirts! Also, I wanted to point out that my estimate from the cosmetic surgeon was $6,300 (which included hospital and anesthesia costs) but I had to pay an additional $1,900 for the two other surgeries. And my cosmetic surgeon was wonderful. I highly recommend her!

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

My Ob-Gyn recommended her and I liked her right away. She is a mom too so understands what our bodies go through. I also liked her website and the before-after photos and testimonials. Her staff was also really great and knowledgable. They were available to answer my questions anytime. One thing I liked about dealing with a cosmetic surgeon's practice is that you don't have the hassle of insurance. The cost is the cost and you never get another bill. Her cost ($4,000 of the $6,300) included the surgery plus all my pre-op and post-op visits for a year.

Welcome to the community!!

Wow you had the works done.  All good as new and and flat tummy as the bonus:)