38 Years Old with a Fat Chin and Neck. Liposuction and Platysma Tightening Should Improve my Appearance - Frisco, TX

I've gained weight that is almost impossible for...

I've gained weight that is almost impossible for me to lose due to medical reasons. Yes....I watch what I eat and work out with a trainer, but the weight hardly comes off.

What bothers me the most about the weight is my double chin. Since my face is the first thing people see, that's what I've decided to tackle first!

I went in for a consult with Dr Ken Smart in Frisco and immediately liked his gentle demeanor. Also, his nurse was very kind and answered all of my questions about my surgery.

I also learned, from my ENT, that he had done some work for his wife and a few of her friends, and they had all been thrilled with his work. So, I decided he was the surgeon for me.

Yesterday, I had to be at his surgical office at 7:00am. He and his nurse visited with me and then an Anesthesiologist came and started my IV. I went into a very state of the art operating room and fell asleep. When I came to, I felt nauseous, but the feeling quickly subsided.
I was taken home and given my pain med and muscle relaxer. At first, my pain was only about a "3" , then it was at a "0".
Day 2-I still have no pain, but I'm taking a pain pill every six hours just in case. I'm eating veggie soup that I had to grind up in the blender because I can't open up my mouth to eat the big veggies. Lol.
It's 4:00, and I'm disappointed that the doctor nor the nurse has called to check on me. Maybe, they will call tonight. I have a few questions about showering. My head wrap is covered in fluid and my hair is matted with fluid (from surgery?). I really want a shower.

Day 3

When I woke up this morning, my neck was a bit sore and felt stretched. I hadn't had a pain pill in 12 hours, so I decided to take one to alleviate the soreness.

My chin strap fell off, so I decided to look at myself (see pics) before brushing my matted hair and readjusting the chin strap.

As you can see, I'm still very swollen and bruised, but I can already see an improvement in the contour of my jawline! I'm excited!

Day 4

I only needed one muscle relaxer today.

11 days post

I like how my 4 days post pic looks compared to how my side profile looks right now. I think I'm swollen, but I have had NO bruises since 6 days post.

I have a small lump under my chin on the left side, but I've been told that's to be expected and to massage the area. I'll take more pictures at two weeks.
Frisco Plastic Surgeon

Dr Smart is very patient and answered all of my 10 million questions. His entire staff is also very caring.

How are you feeling now and liking your results? I'm really interested.
How are you doing? Your bruises went away quickly. I hope I'm that lucky. I'm going back to work tomorrow. Have you made any progress with the lumps?
I'm so glad you are doing well. How is the bruising? I'm getting my neck, chin, arms and back bra patch done in a couple of weeks and I'd love to follow your recovery. How long do you plan to be out of work (if that applies)?
I needed a week off because of stitches under my chin.
Glad you are healing well! Look forward to your updates :)