Tummy Tuck... the Good and Bad - Fremont, CA

I am 26 and have 4 kids. I've always had the...

I am 26 and have 4 kids. I've always had the loose skin since after my first born but it just got worse after my 4th kid. Done exercising and dieting and none seems to work. One day I decided I want a tummy tuck. Went to a few consultations and decided to schedule for a tt right away.

Had the tt done on august 9 2010. The ps was absolutely honest and great. He made me feel comfortable. Woke up from surgery with no pain. Just felt groggy and sleepy. The next day I felt a bit of pain but it wasn't so bad. I'm on day 13 post op and only had taken pain med twice and that was on the first 2 days. I'm still walking hunched over which sucks. Still have quite a bit of swelling right above the incision line. Had drained tubes in for 8 days. The worse part of the recovery was getting the drained plugs pulled out of me. The worse pain I've ever felt. Up til this day I still have fluid coming out of one side of the holes where one of the tubes was. Now I can't wait til 6 weeks so I can finally stop wearing the binder for good.

So far I am really happy with my result. I just wish the road to recovery was faster and better.

It has almost been 4 months since my tummy tuck....

It has almost been 4 months since my tummy tuck. I'm starting to feel like I regret getting a TT. My recovery was great. But now above my belly button is bulging out in ONE AREA which makes my stomach look uneven. I'm happy with everything else but the uneven stomach is making me wish I didn't get it done. I consulted my PS but he said he didn't know what it could be. He said it could be because I'm sleeping on one side too much and the gravity is pulling it to one area. And he said if after a year I come back and the bulging is still there then he can tell me that it's fat deposit there and only way to fix it is through another surgery (liposuction) I'm sad to experience this. Has anyone experience a similar problem to mine and it resolve on its own?

I am already having trouble paying off my surgery but if I have to go through another surgery I'd go crazy.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Did you ever find out as you may have popped internal muscle repair stitch there
I live in san jose. who did you go to?
Dr. Okamoto from fremont plastic surgery center
My doctor told me to take off my garmet after day 5 and that wearing one after would not make a difference with recovery and results. What did your doctor tell you? I've been reading how others are still wearing one...I'm concerned I'm not doing the right thing.

Everyone heals at a different pace. I've definitely heard of women still hunched over a few weeks out from surgery. I second what Kimmers25 says. We'd love to see some photos! Please keep us updated on your healing!

Congratulations! Sounds like you are really happy with your results - way to go! Post some pictures if you can. It is fun to watch the changes as you heal. Take care :)
Congrats on your surgery, sounds like you are doing great - I was still bent over at day 13 - and my PS told me not to try an force myself to stand straight - your body will do it on its own. I know all doctors are different so i'd check with your doctor on that. Good luck and patience is the key.
The recovery is slow, but in the end, it should be worth every penny. I do believe you should be walking upright at this point. I was upright by day 8, although I worked on it for several hours day 7 and 8. Ask your PS to make sure. In order to stand upright, I placed my heels against the wall and salowly forced myself back. I did this for several days until I was good to go.