My Eyes Are Uneven After the Surgery. One Looks Good the Other is Worse Than Before - Fremont, CA

Dr Silkiss did an upper eyelid surgery on me last...

Dr Silkiss did an upper eyelid surgery on me last year. After the surgery one of my eyes had the double fold the other was swollen and puffy and looked worse then before the surgery. I asked her and she said it tooks 6 months to "settle". When I want back to her in 6 months with the same issue she said I should have told her sooner. She said I would need a new surgery which she was going to charge me full price for. She seemed to blame me.

I went to another Doctor and he showed me I had 1 CM more skin on the bad eye than the good one. He asked if I was laying down when she marked the skin to remove. I didn't know what he was talking about because she didn't mark my eyelids at all. After more research I found marking the eye lids before surgery is the standard pratice. She just "free handed" my lids. My second surgery with the new doctor was a total success both eye lids are perfect now. She may be good at other operations but she is not good for cosmetic issues.

Oakland Oculoplastic Surgeon

Marylee, glad you got the outcome you liked but sorry you had to go through this. Would you mind sharing what doctor you were happy with? I had been considering a consultation with Dr Silkiss and thought eyes were supposed to be her speciality!