Painful but Worth It - Frederick, MD

I am 29 and my family has a history of hanging...

I am 29 and my family has a history of hanging jowls...not at all attractive! I'm not even close to being ready for a surgery but I liked the idea of Ultherapy because no needles, no cutting, and my own collagen was supposed to grow.

I had Ultherapy on my cheeks and neck in December and I've noticed big changes to my skin. My jawline is defined again instead of looking soft. My jowls went away, and my skin tone is brighter. And my double chin is mostly gone (still have about 35 pounds to lose...I'm sure that will help my double chin lol)

During the appointment, I'm not going to lie, it hurt. I told the nurse that I have a high pain tolerance and I insisted that I would be fine without any meds. She did give me the option for Valium and Demerol (I think it was), but I stupidly said 'no I'll be fine". If I had to do it again I would totally take the medicine. My neck felt fine but once we got to my cheeks it was a little spicier. I was able to get through the visit ok but several moments did take my breath away.

The nurse told me that I might get a little welt after my appointment. I did. It was on my left cheek. It stuck around for about 2 weeks. It felt like a hard lump on my cheek. My husband couldn't see it but I could feel it, and I'll admit, I picked at it. I'm lucky I didn't scar. I made sure to cover it with sunscreen and my makeup each time I went out.

So anyway I loved the ultherapy for my face. I hope I can save up enough money to have it done again in a year or two. Best thing I have done yet :)

Frederick Dermatologic Surgeon

You must have an extremely high pain tolerance! After all I have read about this procedure I can't believe you actually made it through with no pain meds! I'm so glad you are loving the results. How long after the procedure did you start to notice them?