30 Year Old Mom of Three-going with Sientra 405cc - Frederick, MD

Hi ladies! I've been stalking this site for the...

Hi ladies! I've been stalking this site for the past month or so, and since my surgery is coming up on Monday, I decided it's probably time for me to post something. Here is a little of my backstory: I've been wanting to have a breast augmentation since I was a teenager, but it wasn't something I was ever really ready to go through with until I had my third (and last!) baby three years ago. I knew my boobs weren't getting any better or bigger at that point and decided it was definitely time to get serious about researching BA. I decided while my youngest was still a baby that I would have a BA around the time she turned three. My husband knows how badly I want implants and has been very supportive (he makes sure I know that he loves my boobs now, but he knows how much my confidence is affected by them). He agreed to me getting them in the Spring of 2014 since the "baby" would be three by then. So, I had a consultation with a doctor in my hometown at the beginning of February. I felt really good about him and was ready to make an appointment for surgery that day. However, since I was paying for my surgery out of pocket with no financing, I didn't have all of the money together at that time and needed to wait to schedule. In the meantime, I ended up talking to my aunt about her best friends daughter who had her BA thirty minutes away at a different doctor and had great results. My aunt set up a dinner for all of us to get together so I could ask questions and see her results first hand. Her boobs looked amazing and so natural! I decided to set up a consultation with her doctor and went to see him on March 5th. I felt really comfortable with him and very confident in his work. I had already decided that if he wasn't a jerk (lol) I was scheduling my surgery before I left his office. They did all of my pre-op stuff that day and put me on the schedule for the 10th. So anyway...my surgery is scheduled for this Monday, March 10th and I'm soooo excited! I've also been an emotional wreck for the past week just thinking about how quickly it's coming up and of course being nervous about anesthesia, and either going too big or too small or just regretting having it done in general. I'm going with 405cc Sientra smooth round HP under the muscle with incision in the crease. My stats are 5'4", 112 lbs, 32 a/aa (depending on the bra). I'll try to update again on Monday right before surgery and of course after. Can't wait!

Surgery was yesterday!

I tried updating yesterday but my phone deleted it before I could post. Anyway, surgery went great and I had no issues. I was in a little bit of pain last night, but nothing major. Just been taking Motrin every few hours. This morning is a different story though...I didn't sleep well and I woke up in a lot of pain at 6:30. I think it's because my local anesthesia around the incision has worn off and now I can feel that too. It's still not unbearable, but it's definitely not comfortable by any means. My boobs are really high and tight right now. They look pretty bad as far as the shape goes, but I know they'll start to drop and soften, so I'm not too worried. I'm pretty excited to see how they progress over the next few weeks and months!

Another before and after pic

Both of these pics were taken the day of surgery. Top was before (obviously), and bottom was after. What a crazy difference already!

Day 3 post op

Last night I took a prescribed Ambien right before bed, which was great because I had uninterrupted sleep from midnight-5:30am. But I woke up at 5:30 in really bad pain. I didn't know that the pain would be in my back, sides, and ribcage after surgery...it has really thrown me off lol. I took my Motrin so now I'm just waking for it to kick in. Also, I'm starting to get feeling back in my nipples, which is actually kind of painful...the joys of getting new boobs! Even though the pain is worse today, I can still get up and move around and get things without my husbands help...just wanted to clarify that I'm not bedridden in pain lol. Anyway...boobies are still very high and very tight. I can't wait to see them start dropping!! I have my first post op check up today at 8:30, so we'll see how that goes and what the doctor says. I will post again after that.

Days 4 & 5

Just want to say that days four and five post op SUCK. At least for me. I have been terribly uncomfortable and very emotional. I definitely don't regret getting my boobs, but I wish I had been more prepared for the way I would feel after. I cried most of the day yesterday...and not because I was in pain, just because. I've also had zero patience with my kids and daily life in general. I'm so ready for this stage to be over! I'm ready to enjoy my boobs...not want to rip them off my chest.

Day 8 post op

Just a quick update...nothing has really changed. I quit taking my pain meds on Saturday because a) I wasn't in a ton of pain, and b) they were making me feel really dumb. My boobs were starting to feel a little softer Sunday and yesterday, and they weren't as tight, so I was pretty excited about that...but then I decided to clean my house last night (like, really clean...vacuum, laundry, wash floors), and apparently that was a really bad idea. My boobs have been so tight and sore today :( definitely regretting that decision. I have my second post op appt tomorrow and I'm also getting my stitches out, so I'm glad for that...hopefully everything is progressing the way it should. I'm so ready to feel like my boobs are a part of my body and not some foreign objects!

Days 10 & 11 with photos

Things are definitely getting better now! Got my stitches out two days ago and now I can massage them for three minutes a day. My skin doesn't feel so stretched and tight anymore and my boobs are starting to feel like part of me. My right boob seems to be taking longer to start looking normal, but I can see little changes in it. It's also still sore and sensitive (but I'm thinking it's because I use my right hand and arm for pretty much everything). Attaching some pics of the progress. I'm definitely much happier with them now :)

3 weeks post op pic

Monday was three weeks since my surgery. Feeling good, and boobs are healing nicely. They are much softer and starting to drop a lot more. It's crazy how much things change in three weeks time! I barely remember the pain and tightness from the first week. Now I'm just a little sore around the bottom of my right boob and have some soreness around my left upper ribcage, but mostly feels like sore muscles. Adding a pic so you can see the difference in them just from Monday (3/31) and today (4/2).

8 weeks post op

Haven't updated in a while so I just wanted to post a pic of my progress. They look and feel so much better! Still have a ways to go, but can't believe it's been 8 weeks already!

16 weeks post op +new pic

Holy crap! I can't believe how quickly time has gone by since my surgery! They are looking soooo much better, but still have a little dropping to do. I think my left (your right) looks better in person, but the right one (your left) looks better in pics. Idk.

New pic...7 months post op

Haven't posted in a while so thought I would add a newer picture. My right (your left) has rounded out a lot more and my left (your right ;) still has a little dropping to do.

So the picture didn't upload...

Frederick Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kress was great during my consultation. He answered all of my questions and explained things really well. He was also very kind the day of my surgery and made me feel at ease about it. His staff is also amazing! They are so sweet and helpful. I received a call the evening of my surgery from CJ just to make sure I was feeling ok and to let me know I could call her cell phone for anything I might need. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kress.