No Difference...will Cause Hyperpigmentation - Canada

I was told fraxel will get rid of melasma and so...

I was told fraxel will get rid of melasma and so tried the four treatments. Hated the experience...blah! Got hyperpigmentation after the first two treatments but then doc prescribed hydrocortizone alone for the first week following treatment followed by a topical cream without Retin A to use until the next treament. This time my skin did not hyperpigment as much and healed quickly...returned to original color (even brighter) within 2-3 weeks. However, it has been 2.5 months since my last (4th) treatment, the glow is gone, the pigment/melasma is still there - basically no difference from when I first started. Save your money and find a good foundation instead.

I wasted money on fraxel as well for acne scars, 4 treatments worth at the facial rejuvenation clinic in Sydney. I would not recommend it to anyone, I have insane pigmentation issues now. Brown spots all over cheeks and darkest on cheekbones under eyes. Even upper lip has darker tone. AND I now have all these tiny fine lines on my cheeks when I smile. I got the treatments when I was 30, now 32 and still same problems. I'm desperate for a magic cream to fix this sht. I recently bought LancĂ´me Dream Tone and it seems to be helping more than anything else (also use the lemon juice). But mostly I notice it gets way worse if I spend time in sun without sun cream. And it must be 50 or 70 SPF. So now I have a tan body and white face. Moral of my story- don't get fraxel.
I went through all of this....tried to fix it with a 3500 dollar deep laser that only made it worse....used every product under the sun, cried forever....I finally found a (sort of) solution. My skin is not the same nice tan color it was before I started all the $@@'shit to my face, but at least it is even and I am not so insecure about it....I get the product from a derm in Miami named Dr. Fulton. It is his super bleaching cream. I use a tiny drop on my face after I wash it at night and a tiny drop in the am before make up. It has changed my life. Let me add I by no means have ANY affiliation with this doc- I only went once, got the product, it worked, and I continue to use it.
Hey can I get the name of the cream
Hi Janelle, can you please give me the phone number or the website you buy this SUPER BLEACHING CREAM from Dr.Fulton
Hey I don't use a cream , I was asking for suggestions because I have severe hyper pigmigmentation on my neck especially on the back of my neck and it is vey bothersome and at time itchy and painful . Please help!!
Hi jay7573 can you please give me the phone number or the website you buy this SUPER BLEACHING CREAM from Dr.Fulton
sorry this was for jay7573 she said something about the dr fulton cream

Not recommended. It benefited my acne scarring, which is now barely noticeable, but it caused hyperpigmentation. Perhaps it was the clinic I chose. A laser technician did the work while the actual "doctor" (Morrell in Vancouver BC) was busy injecting people with expensive fillers. I was lied to, ripped off and belittled. Morrell suggested that the reason I suddenly have hyper pigmentation is because I'm 30. BS. I had nothing when I was 29 and only show signs of it now, basically right after treatment...coincidence? I think not. So now I don't know what to do to make my skin normal again. I had such an even tone before and now my skin is patchy with these brownish spots and I am very upset.

I wrote to the Better Business Bureau about my experience with fraxel. I filed my report against Solta Medical, who makes fraxel laser. The BBB sent me an email and then about 3 weeks later someone from the company called me. All the complaints that get filed with the BBB on Solta laser have to be kept as permanent records, so I urge anyone who has had a bad experience with this laser to report it. It takes about 15 minutes to file the report.
I had one fraxel treatment 3 months ago. It has helped lessen the severity of light 'pick-ice' acne scarring on my cheeks. However, it has caused hyper-pigmentation underneath my eyes. The hyper-pigmentation is in the form of brown patches (like darker, more pronounced freckles). I signed a disclosure document prior to treatment that said 'increased pigmentation' is a risk that occurs in 'less than 1%' of cases. On revisiting the dermatologist to discuss my concern, his reply was that this hyper-pigmentation or 'bronzing' was "to be expected", which utterly contradicted what I was originally told by him and what was stated on the form that I signed. I was told that the hyper-pigmentation couldn't be removed, but the dermatologist (at a large clinic in Sydney) suggested further treatment, which I wont be doing as they said it wouldn't remove the hyper-pigmentation anyway. I'm terribly upset, not just about the increased pigmentation around my eyes, but that I wasn't given the whole truth before my treatment. The dermatologist is obviously making quite a lot of money from fraxel treatments, and saw a sucker coming! He was very quick to recommend fraxel, but only asked questions about my family history and whether I was prone to hyper-pigmentation after the treatment. I was also told that if I had the treatment on Friday, I could go back to work on Monday. I went back to work on Tuesday feeling awful, with scabby, swollen, red face with terribly breakout of acne. It took a full week for my face to mildly presentable. It's been 3 months post treatment and the skin that I had treated is redder and darker than the skin I didn't have treated. Dermatologist or salesman? I was naive to accept the treatment (or perhaps I was just trusting) and DO NOT recommend it to others. The distress of the hyper-pigmentation and not being told the truth is worse than learning to live with a few acne scars.
Asian with olive skin and I had Fraxel Laser 3weeks ago for acne scars, wrinkles on forehead and slight hyperpigmentation - disappointed with results. Had opposite results. The setting of the Fraxel laser was at the lower settings to prevent hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation got worst - darker and spread on my face, skin got very dry and started breaking out which hasn't happened in years. Wish I could get my money back. Thoroughly do a research before getting the procedure done,so you don't waste your $ like I did.
dear, am 2 weeks now post fraxel repair, am damn depressed n locked in left with hyperpigmentation patches around ma chin area together with the redness which is kinda seeming darker or not fadin' away i dunno!! from what i read on the internet, and from ur post here, post fraxel hyperpigmentation is a very difficult thing to treat!! am i right here??? is it really so?? r u still suffering dear?? n if not, what was the treatment that worked for u? and when can i first start it? can it be now while am still red???? am really frustrated n goin' into real depression, i need help please!!
i have had some lightening with natural lemon juice. i also do a weekly 'scrub' of oats (quaker oats), mixed with brown suger and milk. don't do this more than 1xweek. it does a pretty good job of exfoliating. on other days i apply lemon juice or lime juice, whatever i have in the fridge, and leave it on my skin over night or under makeup! this has worked sooooo much better than the triluma. just be cautious, if your skin is sentive it feels like it burns when you apply the lemon or lime juice on your skin. i have tried lots of expensive meds, and can honestly say the juice has worked 10 times better!
I have bad sun damage that also includes a fair amount of hyperpigmentation (kinda hormonal) - I was just research fraxel and ran across these comments - changed my mind - will just use over the counter remedies and more sunscreen - so sorry you all have had such a bad experience but am thankful that you were honest enough to post -
Email me walker942 (at) cox (dot) net

I had doc ruin my face with laser. Hyper and hypo. Any info?

momof2fraxel Please cotact me..I have been emailing with a lot of women and we are all trying to find the best way to get our faces fixed... You are in Charlotsville they did some research at UVA regarding stem cell fat grafting maybe you can research that aspect and talk to the doctors...We are sharing information to find the best treatments without causing further damage... You can email me by clicking on my name and clicking contact awalk it will send me an email... Best wishes
Have you found any solution? I still have hyperpigmentation- haven't logged on here in a while..
I have all these same issues...Look at my before afters..... Please post a review with pics.They don't have to show your entire face just an example.... So many are posting positive reviews a day or so after treatment..If you are months or years out please post your review..I to thought It was fine right after treament... And you MUST CONTACT THE FDA it takes 5 minutes to do a report...you can watch our story on CBS3 facing the pain.. http://cbs3.com/video/?cid=220
I had Fraxel a few years ago. Didn't notice any great improvements in my fine lines (which is what I was after) but I felt I was overly burned. I had the checkerboard marks all over my neck. It took a long time to heal. I forgot about it until this year when I suddenly got hyperpigmentation on my neck. I also now have what looks like white scar lines. I couldn't figure out where I got the scars but just realized they are in the pattern of the fraxel checkerboards. I now have dark neck with what looks like many white slash mark scars on my neck and chest. I just realized what this was. My last derm wanted to do Fraxel on me to get rid of the hyperpigmentation.
I am so thankful to find there are other people experiencing what I have gone through!!! In 2006 I went in for lazer hair removal and ended up with PIH. The hyperpigmentation is above my lip so now I look like I have a brown shaded mustache instead of hair there! I should have kept waxing!! In 2007 I went to a different derm and he decided to do a large test spot of the fraxel lazer on my cheek to see if he could lighten the hyperpigmentation on my upper lip. Now I have two huge geometric patterns of hyperpigmentation on my face that is only getting worse with time not better!! I have spent thousands of dollars on topical things to lighten and correct the problem nothing works!!! Help!

live it alone, hopefully fade away alone with time,, hidroquinone only worsen the skin!!

I had Fraxel Re:Pair in early August and followed post-care instructions exactly. Used heavy sunscreen, hat and avoided outside as much as possible. Acne scars (reason for treatment_now show little reduction and my face is COMPLETELY covered in hyperpigmentation. Esp chin/upper neck has stripes. I'm 34 and it actually made me look OLDER. I avoid mirrors and am so depressed. Dr prescribed Tri-Luma and said ok for breastfeeding but my Internet research contradicted that so I weaned baby cold turkey. Painful and hard too. Is there anything that can be done to get my skin back to where it was? I'm caucasion, VERY fair skinned, lots moles, but don't tan that much w/ green eyes and Dr said was surprised this happened.
Hi aracely and Nicki, Were you treated with Fraxel by Reliant, or another fractionated technology? Were you treated by a physician? What were the treatment settings? Thanks. Dr. P
I do not know what the settings were, but the physician, was Sherri Novic (now Dr. Ingerham) of Advanced Dermatology in Katy Texas used the fraxel and on or about the 3rd treatment, she said, "I'm really going to do it deep to get the scars"... well that was about it. From there my face was so swollen, and that's when I started to get the hyperpigmentation. I applied ice as recommended, and used the finacea and tazorac as prescribed. The "melasma" as they called it, was strictly on the treated areas, which were the cheeks and right between the eye brows. It is awful. So the dr. agreed to do a couple of more fraxels because "that's what fraxel is for, to get rid of the melasma". I only had scars before, NOW I have scars (the fraxel did NOTHING for the scars) and I now have melasma. I am hispanic, and had quizzed them about this possibility, and they just brushed it off. Well, paying about $5,000 for all the treatments, meds etc. I think I would have gambled too if I were them. Well, when Dr. Novic couldn't fix it, she passed me off to the "spa specialist" and they did Jezners, and V-Beam. Today, I returned and they said i could no longer get "free treamtents", well Dr Novic had said "whatever it takes to get your skin fixed, we'll do it".... people's word doesn't mean anything anymore. period. I use suncreen 85 spf, and a lot of cover up make up, which really doesn't cover it up. I'm sick of it, and wished I'd never done it. Lesson learned.