Not As Painful As I Thought

Today is the third day after my first Fraxel...

Today is the third day after my first Fraxel re:store. I had mild swelling around the eyes the first full day after. It has now subsided. My face is still a little red and mildly itchy. It feels like it does right before peeling after getting sunburned. I had a hard time sleeping the first night b/c you are supposed to keep your head elevated. The second night was fine. My skin feels a little rough all over.  I had virually no down time which is a good thing b/c I have three sons who play football.  I was in the sun all weekend but wore a hat and used a lot of sunscreen. I do have a few whiteheads around my chin and jawline but I spot treated them with acne med. I am actually looking forward to the second treatment in a month. My biggest problem area is the crow's feet around my eyes. I hope to see some improvement over time. Right now, I don't really see any difference.  Good news is that I haven't gotten a fever blister yet...hopefully the Valtrex is working.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

My practioner was honest and confident in her ability. She put me at ease and answered all of my questions.