Not As Painful As I Thought

Today is the third day after my first Fraxel...

Today is the third day after my first Fraxel re:store. I had mild swelling around the eyes the first full day after. It has now subsided. My face is still a little red and mildly itchy. It feels like it does right before peeling after getting sunburned. I had a hard time sleeping the first night b/c you are supposed to keep your head elevated. The second night was fine. My skin feels a little rough all over.  I had virually no down time which is a good thing b/c I have three sons who play football.  I was in the sun all weekend but wore a hat and used a lot of sunscreen. I do have a few whiteheads around my chin and jawline but I spot treated them with acne med. I am actually looking forward to the second treatment in a month. My biggest problem area is the crow's feet around my eyes. I hope to see some improvement over time. Right now, I don't really see any difference.  Good news is that I haven't gotten a fever blister yet...hopefully the Valtrex is working.

My practioner was honest and confident in her ability. She put me at ease and answered all of my questions.