Residual Swelling

I had two treatments with the fraxel laser to...

I had two treatments with the fraxel laser to treat mild skin issues: uneven skin tone, sun spots. I had my last treatment five weeks ago, and though my skin tone is great, my eyes are still swollen. I have a line of puffy-ness below my eyes which results in dark circles under my eyes causing me to look like I did not get a good night of sleep. I saw my dermatologist two weeks ago, and she said that she saw nothing abnormal, classifying it as residual swelling. She recommended that I resume placing ice packs on my eyes for 10 mins./day. However,it is not getting any better. I am wondering if I have traded uneven skin for permanantly puffy eyes! I know that this is not a message board, but if anyone has had a similar experience, I would love some feedback so I will at least know whether I am dealing with temporary or permanent side-effects.

I just had one fraxel treatment under my eyes. Today is only 2 weeks but I too notice a puffiness when I smile that I did not have before, causing a pocket that looks weird when I smile. I was told you can have residual swelling couple weeks after so I'm hoping this goes away!
I just moved to Jacksonville and was trying to find a dermatologist that would do the fraxel. Who did you go to and would you recommend them??
I had 3 sessions at almost $4000. Was NOT worth it. extremely painful and my skin got worse. The skin looked great after the first treatment but just kept getting worse and worse with each subsequent treatment. I was told 3 sessions would be max required and the PS was specialized in Fraxel. I swear that fraxel has ruined my skin. I have actual grooves along my whole face after fraxel that seem like scarring when magnified. I am now looking for ways to improve my skin and repair what I think Fraxel has done.
I had a bad fraxel experience and am permanently scarred now from it. I would like to learn more about your experience please mail me at {edited} Thank you Kate Editor note: you must join RealSelf so you can be contacted privately with doctor recommendations and feedback. This requires free registration for an account. When registering you must opt-in to receiving private contacts (a check box).