Fraxel Repair Day 3 - So Far So Good - La Jolla, CA

I just had Fraxel Repair done on 6/7. I also had...

I just had Fraxel Repair done on 6/7. I also had two other lasers, V beam and Gentle YAG, done at the same time on the same area to treat a red birthmark on most of the right side of my face. I was pretty swollen (I was bleeding some and oozing too) right after and the day after the surgery, however, my swelling seems to be going down by the hour and seems like it will be mostly gone in two days. I am at the itching stage now.

I would tell anyone having this done that you MUST get all of the following in order to avoid pain: Valium, Demerol and nerve blockers. My pain was MAYBE a 2 on a 1-10 scale. Dr. F did the Fraxel last, it was strange to actually sort of feel the skin coming off but not realy feel any pain from it. Sorry to be so graphic ;-) there has been no pain at all following the procedure.

I will keep you all posted on my progress. I'm hoping I can come back change my answer to worth it and excellent once its all healed. For now I have to say undecided.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

So its been 7months since my fraxel. I had...

so its been 7months since my fraxel. I had apparently had a pretty aggressive treatment, I had thought it was milder considering what I had seen on this site. I have to say I am pleased with the results.my skin is much much smoother and even toned. I would definitely recommend fraxel. That being said I can tell based on my experience and what seems to be wildly varied experiences on this site that an individuals skin type, tone, thinkness, ect are what seem to determine the results. i can also not stress enough of putting yuor face in the hands of the right dr. do not get your laser treatment done at your local spa.

Uh! You had a privilege to meet mister Laser God! He is the Master and the Magician! Just LOVE Him! What have you been treating? Was it for wrinkles? Face or body? Why it was only $1000? Was it only 1 session? Anytime I go there for Fraxel only I spent $5000. How are you doing now?
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. F is one of the top laser surgeons in the country and actually helped develop several of the lasers on the market today. He takes his time during the consultation to listen and carefully answer all of your questions. I wouldn't trust my face to anyone else. His staff is also very friendly and there with you through every step.