Fraxel Not Worth the Pain

The Fraxel Laser was the most painful experience I...

The Fraxel Laser was the most painful experience I have ever experienced. Every time the RN would apply the lazer I would literally jump out of the chair - it felt like fire was being applied to my face. I couldn't take the pain anymore and told the RN to stop. The next appt. she gave me Demeral - a pain med. 30 min. prior to the treatment, it did help but I could still feel the pain.

My face was very swollen and red for a week after, I did see some improvement but not as I expected. After spending that much money, I wish I would have spent it on a face lift.

I am 50 and have been told I look 35. Now, I using the NuFace microcurrent thing and have notice my face is firmer and younger looking. AND there is no pain involved.

Hi I too had extreme pain with the procedure. BUT, was also told since I am a recent ex-smoker that the blood vessels are closer to the surface of my skin thereby producing much more pain. Had my face n neck done. BUT once it was over the pain was gone. Didn't even need otc pain meds afterwards. I think my skin looks best without makeup. Can't believe the extreme difference in everything about my skin from the lifting to the pore shrinkage(I had huge pores). If I were to tell someone to do the fraxel re;pair I would tell em to get sedated though. (((HUGS))) Steff
I too was told I was the only one taking pain medication during the procedure. The nurse I had was very qualified and experienced in the fraxel treatment I was told. I glad you wrote about your experience and I am sure there's plenty more out there who endured this very painful procedure.
I too felt this was the most painful experience I've ever had - and I'm on morphine twice a day for a chronic pain disorder! It felt like a sewing machine was running over my neck and face! Reading these posts, it bugs me that the nurse acted like she had NEVER seen anyone with over a 1 or 2 pain on a scale of 5! She had to turn down the power and do only half the # of passes. So at least I got it for 1/2 price. The hands weren't as painful. After two days, the swelling is minimal, and the redness is not a problem. I don't wear makeup, just moisturizer.
Yuba City Dermatologist

The pain and money involved was too much for the results.