Scarred my Face! - Boston

I paid $4,800 in 2007 for 5 treaments of Fraxel...

I paid $4,800 in 2007 for 5 treaments of Fraxel Restore. There was no noticeable difference whatsoever in pigment, fine lines etc. It hurt only a bit, you look slightly sunburned and are pretty much fine within a day or two. The Dr. who performed the procedure agreed that there was no change so offered me a free Fraxel Repair treatment in January of 2009 (a $5000 value for one treatment.) This treatment is a much bigger deal. You need to hide in your house for a week or you will scare people and my face was noticeably red for over 2 months. The laser removed too much pigment on my one cheek and now I am left with white lines. The doctor is very experienced and reputable, so I believe there are inherent flaws with this laser. He has been attempting to fix the problem for the past six months with other lasers, but it's starting to look like the lines are permanent.

It's hard to believe but it's been over 6 years...

It's hard to believe but it's been over 6 years since the treatment. White lines on the side of my face are definitely permanent. This lazer goes so deep into your skin that it can remove ALL of your pigment causing hypopigmentation. The doctor tried several other lazers to try to help it, but it did nothing. Please be careful before considering this treatment. By the way I am a fair skinned person of Irish decent that had some freckled sun-damaged skin.

Hi, This happened to me about 4 years ago. I have white lines all over my chin and pin dots all over my face. I am extremely depressed and I don't leave my house. I cry all the time. I was thinking that maybe a chemical peel would help, but I am afraid to try anything.
Feb 2011 update. Have been getting treatments with the "Alexandra" laser for pigment. So far no changes, still white lines. Next month they are going to try the Fraxel Dual. Wish me luck!

Good luck! No change yet is not cool at all. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi 758992anon,

I'm sorry that happened to you. How are you looking now, any change? How are the repairs working? At least it sounds like you have a very experienced doctor. Here is some more information  from our Q&A that might help.

Thanks for the review, and please keep me up dated how everything goes.

-Britt