Positive Experience

My first fraxel for my face was on March 18, 2008....

My first fraxel for my face was on March 18, 2008. When I first arrived for my appointment the nurse applied a numbing cream to my face twice for about an hour and thirty minutes. When my aesthetician was ready to begin she wiped off the remaining cream and applied a clear gel to help guide the laser. (She said they use to use a blue gel which was a lot harder to remove and sometimes left your face blue) Anyway I was expecting the worst but I thought my laser hair removal hurt more. You do feel little prickles as the laser passes over each area and I think the cream helps a lot. After my procedure was finished my face was super red, and I am thinking what have I done? She gave me my after care instructions to apply ice and moisturize. As the numbing cream wore off I did feel some discomfort and I don't think I ever had a sunburn that bad. I was waiting for the swelling to hit but it didn't. I did go to work the next day and I just applied a ton of sunscreen and a little foundation to cover up my face which was now only pink and very tender to the touch. It has been a week now and I did have some peeling and itching but I just kept kinerase moisturizer on it. I am really happy with my results so far, my melasma seems a little lighter, and my face overall seems better (smaller pores, smoother texture)I don't even wear foundation now only a little undereye concealer and powder, which is a first in years. My next treatment is the first week of April. It is a little costly but, I figure all the money I have put into facial creams and serums and never saw any results fraxel is well worth it.
Bassin Center

Hi. I am a Spanish woman, 43 years of age. I had 2 Fraxel treatments in the face and 4 treatments on the upper lip area. So far, I have to admit, no results. I am very dissapointed. The pain was severe on the day of the teatment. After that, my skin looked burned for days. I had to hide at home. I would like to know why is not working. Are we some sort of idiots that give their money away hoping for something that wont happend?
can you tell me more about your situation. i just got a consultation and i am hesitant. i was told it will get 2 to 3x dark and then take two weeks to fade. the place said the specialize in it and have not had it stay permanently dark. I am Mexican and Chinese. .....so my skin color is olive to medium
Hi Dancer724, I just finished my 4th fraxel treatment on 4/29/08 and I will say that I am so happy with my results. With all of my treatments I had a very red face for a few days. On my 3rd & 4th treatments I did have some minor swelling but, it was usually gone within a day or two. Then the flakey skin usually started by day 2. Just make sure to use a good moisturizer several times a day and be patient and you will be so pleased with your results. My treatments were spaced 2 weeks apart. I was mainly treating melasma on my forehead and cheeks and sun damage. I can honestly say that I do not even use foundation now only a little powder. I have not been able to do that for years. And I probably sound like a commercial but, people at work started commenting how great my face looked after my 3rd treatment. It does take a little time but, it is well worth the red, swollen, and peeling face for a little bit.
I just had my first Fraxel laser treatment 3 days ago and am dealing with redness (like a severe sunburn the first day) and swelling which gives me a somewhat unnatural look. I was very interested in this person's experience because it gives me hope that in a few more days I can go out with friends & not feel so self conscious. Also, I am deciding about the timing of my 2nd treatment & even whether to have it. This is a great site. How do we really decide on which procedures & which doctors without some real life experience info from people who've had things done ...not just alot of marketing & pr...which is in great prevalence on the internet. Anyone have any advice?