Positive Experience

My first fraxel for my face was on March 18, 2008....

My first fraxel for my face was on March 18, 2008. When I first arrived for my appointment the nurse applied a numbing cream to my face twice for about an hour and thirty minutes. When my aesthetician was ready to begin she wiped off the remaining cream and applied a clear gel to help guide the laser. (She said they use to use a blue gel which was a lot harder to remove and sometimes left your face blue) Anyway I was expecting the worst but I thought my laser hair removal hurt more. You do feel little prickles as the laser passes over each area and I think the cream helps a lot. After my procedure was finished my face was super red, and I am thinking what have I done? She gave me my after care instructions to apply ice and moisturize. As the numbing cream wore off I did feel some discomfort and I don't think I ever had a sunburn that bad. I was waiting for the swelling to hit but it didn't. I did go to work the next day and I just applied a ton of sunscreen and a little foundation to cover up my face which was now only pink and very tender to the touch. It has been a week now and I did have some peeling and itching but I just kept kinerase moisturizer on it. I am really happy with my results so far, my melasma seems a little lighter, and my face overall seems better (smaller pores, smoother texture)I don't even wear foundation now only a little undereye concealer and powder, which is a first in years. My next treatment is the first week of April. It is a little costly but, I figure all the money I have put into facial creams and serums and never saw any results fraxel is well worth it.
Bassin Center