Looking Good

I had my first of 4 fraxel restore treatments 3...

I had my first of 4 fraxel restore treatments 3 days ago. I read about Fraxel in Real Simple magazine and the review said it was the best treatment for acne scarring. I am 45 and have scarring from acne. I had consulted another plastic surgeon about a far more expensive procedure (laser resurfacing) which was twice as expensive and had more down time-2 weeks minimum. When I found about about Fraxel, I did a lot of research and consulted with the only plastic surgeon who has one in my area. I had to pay up front for all 4 treatments because the results can take up to 6-12 months to see. The procedure was uncomfortable and ore tolerable in some areas than others. I had swelling the first 2 days-now my skin is just dry (like sandpaper) but I can already see some improvement especially around my eye area. I did not know before but found out it can help with dark circles( I am hoping!!) I have a few breakouts as my skin is shedding. I've been told that at the ten day mark your skin will glow-looking forward to no more sandpaper!!