Had my First Fraxel Treatment and LOVE It So Far!

So I just had my first Fraxel treatment Monday,...

So I just had my first Fraxel treatment Monday, July 7th and it was a breeze. I know everyone has a different pain tolerance, but this was no big deal. I wouldn't really call it "pain", it just felt like a little prickle. I know some people suggested xanax or valium but I can't imagine needing that. I almost fell asleep during the procedure. From what I read I prepared myself for a lot more pain then what it turned out to be. I was nervous after reading some of the negative reviews but I think if someone has a negative experience, they post it, but most of the time when someone is happy, they just go on with their day and don't talk about it. That's why I wanted to review my experience. Anyway, day 2 and I'm still a bit swollen and my skin is really red and tight, although I do love the tightness. I read that pineapple is a natural anti-inflammatory, so I ate a lot of that the week before my treatment. The Dr said I did great and had very mild swelling. Not sure if the pineapple had anything to do with it, but I'm happy. I returned to work immediately after having the fraxel procedure done and my clients thought I simply had a sunburn from the 4th of July weekend. I can't wait to see the results and I'm having my next session in 4 weeks! I will update my progress. I had fraxel hoping to improve or get rid of large pores, hyperpigmentation, some acne scarring on my cheek area and even my skin tone.

Oh, and it was Fraxel restore I had.

Updated on Jul 10, 2008:

Wednesday 9th: The skin around the nasolabial crease down to my chin is slightly darker and dryer than the rest of my face and is a bit scaley. No big deal, it's all for the cause!

The Plastic Surgery Center