Had my First Fraxel Treatment and LOVE It So Far!

So I just had my first Fraxel treatment Monday,...

So I just had my first Fraxel treatment Monday, July 7th and it was a breeze. I know everyone has a different pain tolerance, but this was no big deal. I wouldn't really call it "pain", it just felt like a little prickle. I know some people suggested xanax or valium but I can't imagine needing that. I almost fell asleep during the procedure. From what I read I prepared myself for a lot more pain then what it turned out to be. I was nervous after reading some of the negative reviews but I think if someone has a negative experience, they post it, but most of the time when someone is happy, they just go on with their day and don't talk about it. That's why I wanted to review my experience. Anyway, day 2 and I'm still a bit swollen and my skin is really red and tight, although I do love the tightness. I read that pineapple is a natural anti-inflammatory, so I ate a lot of that the week before my treatment. The Dr said I did great and had very mild swelling. Not sure if the pineapple had anything to do with it, but I'm happy. I returned to work immediately after having the fraxel procedure done and my clients thought I simply had a sunburn from the 4th of July weekend. I can't wait to see the results and I'm having my next session in 4 weeks! I will update my progress. I had fraxel hoping to improve or get rid of large pores, hyperpigmentation, some acne scarring on my cheek area and even my skin tone.
AmyH

Oh, and it was Fraxel restore I had.

Updated on Jul 10, 2008:

Wednesday 9th: The skin around the nasolabial crease down to my chin is slightly darker and dryer than the rest of my face and is a bit scaley. No big deal, it's all for the cause!

Amy, can you update as to your acne scars and pore reduction with Fraxel? Also wondering who your doc was?
Is the doctor in Sarasota or Bradenton FL. I am looking. To AmyH
Just updating my last post. I had my second fraxel treatment a week ago & so far so good. Treatment #2 went a little deeper so it was more more painful, but tolerable. I also had quite a bit more swelling then the first time, but it lasted only about 2-3 days. On day 2 I peeled like crazy and my skin looked really smooth. Pores are smaller and my skin looks tighter. I have seen definite improvement in acne scarring on my cheeks also. I will have #3 in about a month and I'm excited to see the results!
The Plastic Surgery Center