Fraxel Restore Caused "Lines"

Had Fraxel Restore treatment one month ago on my...

Had Fraxel Restore treatment one month ago on my face neck and chest. Wasn't very painful. I see improvement on my chest, I think. Less lines and pigmentation. My neck now sags and had a wierd texture to it. Now I'm noticing tiny short lines going diagonally on my cheeks. I am worried that it caused more damage than improvement.

Had Fraxel Restore treatment one month ago on my...

I am worried about all the horror stories Ive read about the long term effects. Please tell me what effects (good and bad) any of you have had from Fraxel Restore if you've had it 6+ months ago. Thanks.

I am now two months post treatment and am seeing...

I am now two months post treatment and am seeing more damage to my face. Not only does the skin under my chin now sag, I have bigger pores all over my face. Before my pores weren't the smallest, but I only had them around my nose and on my chin and forehead. Now they're everywhere! I also see many more lines on my face. A lot on my cheeks where I know there weren't any pre-treatment. I went back to get my money back but was denied.

Now, nine weeks after Fraxel . . . skin is the...

Now, nine weeks after Fraxel . . . skin is the same; small lines all over and larger pores. I have new wrinkles. Neck is still sagging and now my face is starting to sag as well. The skin on my neck and jowl area is very loose and "stretchy". Worse thing I ever did to myself. And to think; I was "treating" myself to a new me for my 40th birthday. Little did I know what "new me" I was going to get. DON'T DO FRAXEL!!

I had Fraxel Restore a month ago and now I have short tiny lines going diagonally on my cheeks. Anyone experiance this? What is this? Is it permanent or is there treatment?
Estetika in Mequon WI / Ms. Gail Coleman

Would not recommend. This "laser and skin specialists" business has no dermatoligist, plastic surgeon, or estitician on the premises. The lady that performs the lazer treatments is a physician's assistant. The physician that "directs" the location (I've never seen him there) is a vascular doctor, not a dermatoligist or plastic surgeon.

I am 2 years out this month from 3 Fraxel restores. I have been searching for answers for 2 years and have corresponded with so many people.....gathering information from the good reviews and the bad.

Can you tell me what procedures you had done to correct the damage?
It takes years before things begin to start to improve".. So be patient and continue to believe in healing. At least 3years to see discoloration start to lighten. Must use tons on good sunscreen. When raw and red do not use the newer sunscreens because they can cause further damage. I used nuetrogena baby stick with zinc.. It went on whitish but was a better sun block, then put SPF face powder over it.
It is a long hard painful sad road to recovery. But, believe in life and your own growth.
I have gone to many doctors and paid too much money for bad consults. Do NOT do anymore laser treatments no matter what they tell you..it will only make things worse and make you loose even more subcutaneous tissue. Find a really good honest plastic surgeon who will help you. Keep going to him or her and showing them your discoloration, the uneven alligator/orange peel texture and lines and pits. And show them they abnormal skin sagging and loss of dexterity... Which i am sure you are all too young to have. Find before pics that show your face in different positions so it is evident that this new skin aging is extreme and unnatural. Good luck to every one out there. It has been so hard, but hang in there, it can be helped a lot... Not fixed to where you were before this awful treatment, but made so much better and restore some self esteem.
Tell everyone you can about what happened and warn as many people as you can to stay away from fraxel! It is awful. All those nasty people who hurt us knowingly or refused to help us after they caused this awful life changing damage to our faces should have to have this done to themselves!
God bless all you ladies out there. Believe in healing.
I really use desitin on my face on the beach..not pretty, but if I'm out a while I need that much protection. With others I use a zinc based sunscreen and sometimes the nuetrogena 100 or110 SPF with SPF face powder. Doc had me on retin A with obagi hydroquinone mix in at night,makes you sun sensitive so I don't use it as much in summer, and Obadiah vit C serum with hydro quinine in day... But watch hydro quinine because it can cause you to get darker with too much use and sun exposure. I ,again, don't use as much if I'll be spending time in the sun.
See that plastic surgeon that is honest and reputable , that goes for the natural look. Only the best. No cost cutting. This is your face! I know you care about it.
God bless you and give you strength.
Hi Sad girl, how is your texture now? How much time has passed since your last laser?
Still a mess, with holes all over my face that look like large pores. The color is still darker and the sagging continues. Must use sunscreen all the time in summer and sunny winter days. On beach in summer I mix desitin with sunscreen high spf to put on my face to help me...yes i smell like a dirty diaper, but it keeps me from looking more like one later. Its very hard still. I do not look the same. He ruined my self confidence a lot. The color is less noticeable in wintertime and it is not as bad as it was after the first few months to first 2 to 3 years, still it could go back to that if I go in the sun. Ladies/ gents, we MUST take Vitamin D because we avoid the sun so much. I didnt and it got me sick with difficiency that caused HyperPARA thyroidism which led to bone loss and osteopenia, very scarey because that is the precurser for osteoporosis. It can be corrected if you catch it early enough and work your butt off. Lots of VIYamin D not just 400 reccommended, you need like 4,000 to 5,000 i units a day! or more. Pay attention to proper nutrition and do not give up on healing. But dont think it'll be back to normal. I still have more sagging and older looking skin than all my friends my age and older and my 75 year old mother!! Very Sad. Hurts self esteem and confidence a lot. but I am not my face, my face is not me...too bad I got use to it all these years and it is so hard to sill see the beauty that iI had. The hallows under my eyes are awful, no matter how much weight I gained to try to put fat back in my face...it did not work. My face is kinda old haggard looking, deep hallows under eyes, I never had that, no one in my family ever had that, makes me look old tired like a drug addict. Also my eye lids are a mess, the horrible evil dermatologist,,,sadist, burned them so bad, the skin sags and hangs over my eyes and the temples and sides of my eyes are hallowed out, no fat from him going over and over that area at too high a setting and pushing so deeply on my face. so its a mess. BUT i will say this...never give up hope and do not do something stupid. see a good doctor or plastic surgeon. seriously, they can pick up the sagging skin., some of it. and only see the ebst no mickey mouse half educated fool. see about fat injections from your own body mixed with PRP, protien rich plasma, which they also get from your own blood. This should /could/might help with the fat taking up in the places it was "burned"or "melted" out of. I did it once but need to do that again. did not yet do under the eyes because that is tricky but Im ready to try that. did do temple area and part of my forehead he dented...it helped for over a year. MNone of this is cheap, but its our faces....society tells us to make ourselves unrealisticlly perfect and when we are trusting enough to listen to some money seeking hog sadist of a doctor we get screwed. Ladie, love yourselves. NO one did a better job on you than God, unless you were seriously deformed. Leave your face alone NO LASERS EVER> They will destroy you. Its horrible first 3 months, then seems to get less bright red, then few months more hideous, then for few yesrs hideous awful painfully nasty, but then slowly a little better even w/ color. Like I said, saggy mess, hanging jowels, you need to see a plastic surgeon. you wont be as lovel;y as you were before, but you will be grateful that at least you are better and better is good! God Bless You! Good Luck!
it has been more than 6 years
I had three treatments of Fraxel restore a little over two years ago. My treatments were done by a dermatologist, so she should have been well-qualified. I now believe that Fraxel will cause harm no matter what qualifications the person administering the treatment has, because Fraxel is simply harmful to the skin. I also got the weird big pore pattern with deep creases connecting the pores. Eventually it just developed into a lot of sagging, alligator-textured skin on my face. Fraxel also caused me to have hyperpigmentation. Doctors on this site have admitted that this is a concern for darker skin types, but I'm a very fair-skinned blonde. Evidently it's a concern for every skin type.
How is your skin texture now?
still bad. Still have to be very very careful in the sun. The texture is still messed up, looks like I have large ass pores everywhere and skin sagging..my eyes were burned, i have hallows under my eyes and they pulled it up so high on my eye lids and did it so strongly on that thin tender skin that you cant even see i have eye lids anymore, its sagging all down makes me look older than my 75 year old mother. See a plastic surgeon and DO NOT let anyone ever tell you more laser will correct it because that is a lie, stay away, eat healthy take vitamin D and use sunscreen. Good luck. Discoloratiom seems to improve in winter w/ less sun exposure and you must be careful forever in sun, I mis desitin w/ sunscreen when i go on the beach in summer time. i look and smell like a dirty diaper, i usually go alone so no one gets embarrassed by me, and i try to do early mornings and sun sets... these docs should be exposed and hung.
Hey fraxel victims...I SO wish I'd seen this discussion thread before I had my procedures. I had three fraxels done about a year ago for some minor acne scarring on my face. At the time, it seemed to show some improvement, but Jesus, about six months ago I started to get the weird pores/lines on my cheek where they performed it. I've been going nuts for the past six months looking up skin disorders (thinking it must be cancer or a fungus or something because the 'mutations' so to speak seemed to come out of nowhere. I panicked so spent even more money (I should say, charged it on care credit, ugh) to try subcision, because a doctor said the lines were probably due to bands of scar tissue forming that he could cut away and create a smoother appearance. Well, the subcisions did absolutely nothing except cost me more pain and money and false hope, and the fraxel area looks exactly the same (dotted with pores, weird directional lines and kind of saggy. I'm almost looking forward to getting older so it'll look like wrinkles instead of some weird skin thing. I guess it's better as a woman because I can use makeup, but it's literally all I see when I look in the mirror or get in certain lighting. I sometimes wonder how other people don't bring it up, ha. Like, "Wait, why is your face all the sudden developing some strange hieroglyphic pattern?" ha. So my question is, did this improve for you guys? I see the last post was a year ago so I'm hoping against hope that if the lines appear later maybe they'll magically disappear at another time. I've been advised, if you can believe it, to get ANOTHER fraxel. Obviously I'm never getting one again, but what do you recommend? I've had microdermabrasion, and while that did make my skin smoother, these lines/pores seem f-ing resistant to everything. The spa where I did it is recommending a series of microderms and chemical peels. Ugh. I honestly just want to move to a sewer with a mask and start fighting crime at night. First stop, to arrest whatever maniac patented this deforming laser. Anyhow, I'd love to get some feedback of someone who went through this already. Thanks!
Sadgirl, My procedure was Fraxel. I have had awful results. I would like to speak with you. My laser was done in the same city as yours. You called me once and didn't leave a number for me to return your call. I have problems getting emails from realself. I think I am doing something wrong. I am friends with Bowman9. If you could contact her that would be a good way to reach me - if you no longer have my number.
Check this out guys:

The 'before' picture is EXACTLY how my forehead is looking now 2 years AFTER Fraxel. The before picture is pretty much my condition before Fraxel although this lady is not me. This woman's before and after pics is pretty much me, but in reverse! And this woman is 54.... She is almost 14 years older than me. My skin is aged to a 54 year old!!! How will it look when I am 54?

That's what Fraxel will do to your skin within a short 2-3 years after your treatments.

DO NOT DO FRAXEL, CHEMICAL TREATMENTS OR LASERS ON YOUR FACE. THESE ARE HORRIBLE TREATMENTS THAT RUIN YOUR SKIN. Even plastic surgeons say they have seen horrible damage of sagging and aging signs only a few years down the line from using any form of heating, acid, chemical peels or other methods to remove lines on the skin.
I saw the pictures. I know it doesn't help but I am so sorry for your experience. Sadly, I am right there with you at 10 months. I have heard of some people getting good results with retin a and the Nu Derm system. I respect your decision to not do anything (even chemicals) but if you google Retin A which has been around for 30 years - the science is behind it. I have seen women on skincare sites and results after a year are amazing!! It is not for everyone but I would try it while waiting around for stem cells. BTW: Did you see Suzanne Somers stem cell treatment? I would google it as well.

Nonetheless, I hope you find a resolution. Please keep us posted. I think of you often and pray you are seeing improvement!!

Blessings!!
Sadgirl please contact me. I am dealing with the same issues and in the same city. You called once before and I missed your call. I hope to speak with u soon.
Prague,
Who did your procedure?? Where did you have it done?? What city, what doctor or spa??
When did you have it done?? What was the progression of your results?
Which laser proceedure did you have done??
Have you looked into Traditional lasers, e.g., the Ultrapulse CO2, Erbium Yag, etc. to resolve your issues from Fraxel? I have just started to look into ways to repair my damage, and so far, the general consensus is that a traditional laser can help. I'm only 4 weeks out. I'm giving it until June 1st to heal, and if I still feel the damage is unacceptable, I will have it lasered off via a traditional laser. It is noteworthy to add that, historically, I have had terrific success with traditional lasers - all lines, scars, color variances, etc. were wiped out in one shot - It gave me absolute perfection, unlike the Fraxel. So "I" feel comfortable with traditional lasers. Anyway, I just wanted to put it "out there" as something you might want to explore as you journey through your recovery process...
Interesting Kim.
sadgirl
I sent you a private message!
You'll notice most of the negative reviews from Fraxel come 1-2 years POST procedure- the damage doesn't show up from several months to a year later. Many doc's don't understand Fraxel well enough to know its full spectrum of risks as is evidenced by their inability to accurately predict and or correct problems once they arise. Many people on here had disastrous results from trusted, reputable doctors they had been going to for years
My dermatologist would have been out of business a few years ago if fraxel did not work. He spent 150,000 for his machine and is a perfectionist. He would not touch anyone if he feels it will not work or they are a risk. I had 3 treatments on a couple scars and I am doing my crows feet and forehead next. He works near my wife's Hair Salon so if he thought it would ruin me or leave marks he would never touch me. I get him too many clients.

May I ask if everyone is talking about the repair" which is the more abrasive laser. I only had the restore which is the mild one. He said he would never do that bc there is risk with burning someone. He does it gradually. He only charged me 250.00 per session bc it was a few spots, but I know it is 800 per face. I would rather do it gradually than go for one session that rips the skin off your face but I was only concerned about a few areas. If anyone wants more info of my Dr, please contact me. His name is Dr BRILLANT, no lie, so he has to live up to his name. Take Care

LOL What a great name!

I know Sharon, when he told me his name, I almost ran out of his office. I thought it was a joke because I only met an assistant before I met him and did not know his name at the time. He let me watch him perform a procedure on a light skiined black woman with tons of hyperpigmentation. It was her second one and it was amazing !!!
Maybe your doc is using the machine with more caution and is having better results.
As I mentioned in my complaint, my FIRST Fraxel treatment came out amazing. It was on a low trial setting to see how much my skin would tolerate. My skin looked SO much improved (not that it was bad before, I just wanted it as good as it could possibly be). That's why I went back for repeat treatments. And that's what eventually ruined my skin. Three treatments on, my skin has never been the same. Two years after my last treatment my skin is so bad, so aged and wrinkled, I do everything to cover it up. Its devastating. I am trying to find gentle non-invasive treatments to improve it but nothing seems really effective for aging skin. The only hope I really can perceive, is stemcell. I hope there will be considerable advances with stemcells shortly.
sadgirl, I was damaged by Fraxel also in the same city as you. Please contact me. I don't know how to check my email. I am on the ipl and laser damage support forum. just do a search for it and it will come up. I am Prague on there.