Fraxel Restore Caused "Lines"

Had Fraxel Restore treatment one month ago on my...

Had Fraxel Restore treatment one month ago on my face neck and chest. Wasn't very painful. I see improvement on my chest, I think. Less lines and pigmentation. My neck now sags and had a wierd texture to it. Now I'm noticing tiny short lines going diagonally on my cheeks. I am worried that it caused more damage than improvement.

Had Fraxel Restore treatment one month ago on my...

I am worried about all the horror stories Ive read about the long term effects. Please tell me what effects (good and bad) any of you have had from Fraxel Restore if you've had it 6+ months ago. Thanks.

Please don't be so quick to want to do Fraxel or IPL. I had ipl 3 yrs ago with excellent results. I just did it again 7 months ago and I am one of the Damaged victims. You may get lucky or you may get severly damaged for life. It just doesnt depend on where you get it or by who, it depends on whether or not they know your correct skin type and the appropriate settings so they dont burn you. I had second degree burns and permanent scars on my chest and my face was burned and now has scars, indents, fat loss, eye damage, throat damage and I look 20 years older. I had beautiful skin and went in for a little rosacea on my cheeks and now I have skin damage that will only keep getting worse as there are no cures nor any doctors help once you get burned. Read the horror stories from real people that have been permanently damaged by this. My story is under IPL IPL destroyed my face and chest! Great for all of you who weren't damaged, you DON'T know how lucky you were that day.
It does absolutely not matter where you go. It's the technology and the use for skin that is damaging all together. Fraxel has certainly not sufficient research to prove safety and all the feedback on here proves it clear and well. There are so much negative ones and a whole string of fake positive feedback (which you can tell are fake if you've done Fraxel because the statements have bogus claims).
dontdofraxel ~ please tell me how your treatment turned out.

I am now two months post treatment and am seeing...

I am now two months post treatment and am seeing more damage to my face. Not only does the skin under my chin now sag, I have bigger pores all over my face. Before my pores weren't the smallest, but I only had them around my nose and on my chin and forehead. Now they're everywhere! I also see many more lines on my face. A lot on my cheeks where I know there weren't any pre-treatment. I went back to get my money back but was denied.

I am so sorry this has happened to yet another person.... my Daughter Angela walker had her face and skin completely ruined by Fraxel procedure... the short down time lunch back to work treatment... HA HA .. She never went back to work and was depressed and homebound for two years after her treatment Panic attacks anxiety attacks/ complete isolation from friends ,family and loved ones. She researched and tried to find a Doctor to repair what happened to her... but her health deteriated and she passed at age 39 on Oct. 16th with aneurysms and her eyes couls not be use for donation because her corneas were burned. She lived in hell for too long and God gave her mercy and took her home. Run ASAP to get your records and photos the Dr. will give you the run around until your time to sue will run out.... The very least a refund is in order to help offset costs of repair. Prayers and well wishes for you . You have my permission to use Angie's story for your cause. Cherry Lane
I am 3.5 months post fraxel and noticing more damage by the day. I have enlarged pores all over my face, terrible acne, dry skin where I once was oily, plus it bought out chicken pox scars I haven't has since I was a kid and made the veins in my forehead more prominent. Fraxel goes deep; it damages the under layers that are supposed to replenish the top layers of your skin once they are damaged which is why it gets worse over time as the deeply damaged skin moves to the surface. Different people react differently and I think your final result amounts to a coin toss. Just try to be positive and take care of your skin and stay out of the sun as much as you can.
Madison ~ Don't do it. Why would you take the chance of this damage happening to you? I honestly don't think it's who does the treatment, but who GETS the treatment. Some people don't have a problem with Fraxel, while others have a lot of damage. I am two months post treatment and I see more and more damage each week. I just think it doesn't agree with some people. In any case, I had it done by the owner of Estitika in Mequon WI.

Now, nine weeks after Fraxel . . . skin is the...

Now, nine weeks after Fraxel . . . skin is the same; small lines all over and larger pores. I have new wrinkles. Neck is still sagging and now my face is starting to sag as well. The skin on my neck and jowl area is very loose and "stretchy". Worse thing I ever did to myself. And to think; I was "treating" myself to a new me for my 40th birthday. Little did I know what "new me" I was going to get. DON'T DO FRAXEL!!

I had Fraxel Restore a month ago and now I have short tiny lines going diagonally on my cheeks. Anyone experiance this? What is this? Is it permanent or is there treatment?
I am 2 years out this month from 3 Fraxel restores. I have been searching for answers for 2 years and have corresponded with so many people.....gathering information from the good reviews and the bad.

Can you tell me what procedures you had done to correct the damage?
It takes years before things begin to start to improve".. So be patient and continue to believe in healing. At least 3years to see discoloration start to lighten. Must use tons on good sunscreen. When raw and red do not use the newer sunscreens because they can cause further damage. I used nuetrogena baby stick with zinc.. It went on whitish but was a better sun block, then put SPF face powder over it.
It is a long hard painful sad road to recovery. But, believe in life and your own growth.
I have gone to many doctors and paid too much money for bad consults. Do NOT do anymore laser treatments no matter what they tell you..it will only make things worse and make you loose even more subcutaneous tissue. Find a really good honest plastic surgeon who will help you. Keep going to him or her and showing them your discoloration, the uneven alligator/orange peel texture and lines and pits. And show them they abnormal skin sagging and loss of dexterity... Which i am sure you are all too young to have. Find before pics that show your face in different positions so it is evident that this new skin aging is extreme and unnatural. Good luck to every one out there. It has been so hard, but hang in there, it can be helped a lot... Not fixed to where you were before this awful treatment, but made so much better and restore some self esteem.
Tell everyone you can about what happened and warn as many people as you can to stay away from fraxel! It is awful. All those nasty people who hurt us knowingly or refused to help us after they caused this awful life changing damage to our faces should have to have this done to themselves!
God bless all you ladies out there. Believe in healing.
I really use desitin on my face on the beach..not pretty, but if I'm out a while I need that much protection. With others I use a zinc based sunscreen and sometimes the nuetrogena 100 or110 SPF with SPF face powder. Doc had me on retin A with obagi hydroquinone mix in at night,makes you sun sensitive so I don't use it as much in summer, and Obadiah vit C serum with hydro quinine in day... But watch hydro quinine because it can cause you to get darker with too much use and sun exposure. I ,again, don't use as much if I'll be spending time in the sun.
See that plastic surgeon that is honest and reputable , that goes for the natural look. Only the best. No cost cutting. This is your face! I know you care about it.
God bless you and give you strength.
Hi Sad girl, how is your texture now? How much time has passed since your last laser?
Estetika in Mequon WI / Ms. Gail Coleman

Would not recommend. This "laser and skin specialists" business has no dermatoligist, plastic surgeon, or estitician on the premises. The lady that performs the lazer treatments is a physician's assistant. The physician that "directs" the location (I've never seen him there) is a vascular doctor, not a dermatoligist or plastic surgeon.