Fraxel Restore and Blepharoplasty - Clear Lake, TX

Fortunately I had the blepharoplasty(eyelid...

Fortunately I had the blepharoplasty(eyelid surgery) at the same time as the fraxel treatment and I was completely out. Did not feel a thing! Boy did I when I woke up! The first day was not to bad except for my eyes were black and blue and my face was sensitve and oozing. Day two forward was not fun. I was very very swollen and uncomfortable. Also, remember my eyes are bruised and swollen as well . I looked like a freak. My skin was very tight and starting to peel by day four. I had begun taking motrin so the swelling had subsided some but no way was I going out in public. By day six most of my skin had peeled but eyes were still bruised. Day seven had the stiches in my eyes removed, swelling is much better and most of the peeling has stopped. I even went out to lunch!

League City Plastic Surgeon

Very pleased with the doctor and his staff. Wish I had been more prepared for the recovery. Recommend to any having this procedure take off a week for down time. Also, glad I was sedated. Have heard its an uncomfortale procedure.

it has been twelve days. Went back to work after ten. I work for a large company so many people were concerned with my look!! My eyes are still a bit bruised and swollen and my skin feels something like sandpaper. Two days back to work and looking much better. I think its because I am active and not taking anymore medication. I had to take an antibotic, pain meds for a few days, nausea meds for one day and valtrex. You have every had a history of cold sores or herpes virus they recommend you take it prior and after surgery. You could have a severe breakout on your face if not. Didnt want that! Make sure you ask if you are considering the procedure. I like the way my eyes are beginning to look and know my skin will look better every day.

Good information about needing to medicate for certain conditions before having the treatment done!!

I'm glad you are seeing good results already. Please keep us updated on how things are looking as you continue to heal!

I am thnkn about getting fraxel. I live in Houston & Clear Lake isn't that far away. 3,500 doesn't sound that expensive (compared to most drs) for all u had done. What type of fraxel did u hv? Do u hv to hv another one. Good luck to u. I'm sure u look beautiful. We are always harder on ourselves than anyone else. Thank u for sharing ur story. Pls keep us updated!!!!

Wow, that would be a lot to have done at once. Good job for making it through ok!! How long has it been since you had these treatments done?