Fraxel Laser to Complete Face

I had this done by a certified cosmetic surgeon. I...

I had this done by a certified cosmetic surgeon. I was given a cream to apply daily to my face one week before the surgery. the day of procedure, I was given a topic ointment to put on my face to numb the face. That was left on on for about 15 minutes. then the doctor gave me 6 shots called a face blocker. two in forehead, two around mouth area and two in chin. I sat there for about 20 minutes. I was then taken to the operating room, where the laser fraxel was used on my entire face. I felt the pain. It was like someone was putting a match to my skin. It also smelled very rotten. (burning flesh).

Afterward I was told to sit up. My face was on fire. I was given to ice packs to keep on my face and two topical ointments (over the counter) to apply alternateing. It is now 4 days since my procedure. I have a red blotchy face, that is scaly and itchy. I was told that it should be much better in two weeks and that over time I will see improvement. (That is to be determined). Knowing what I know now, I am not quite sure I would subject myself to this again. They say time heals, maybe if the improvement is dramatic, I will think it was worth it. I hope this helps anyone considering it.

The physician doing this was doing his job, but the pain endured was not expected or warned to me. The physician is an excellent one.

thanks for sharing your experience.  What was your reason for getting Fraxel?