Fraxel Incredibly Disappointing

I spent $1400 for one session (four to five were...

I spent $1400 for one session (four to five were recommended). My derm, whom I've been going to for several years for Botox and Juvederm, did the procedure.

Stopped after first session because:

• Incredibly painful -- had the shakes afterwards, probably should have gone to the ER.
  • Looked like a monster -- told there would be no down-time, did not look even remotely normal for seven days. Then I had the massive skin peeling, which didn't bother me since I had looked like a bobblehead for the previous week.
  • Burned on the sides of my face -- both sides, along the cheek line are permanently darker than the rest of my face -- there's a distinct line of discoloration so that I have to wear make-up all the time (exactly what I was trying NOT to do).
  • See absolutely no difference in age spots (actually have more now) no difference in wrinkles and no difference in skin laxity.

Summary: spent a lot and got a lot of pain and skin discoloration in return.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

I still go to this provider for Botox, Restalyne and Juvederm. Will not let her use lasers on me again.

You should get visia or polorization pics in case you get worse. You can send copies out to other doctors,,, so you don't have to travel.. Curious what's your skin type??