Does Not Last

Two years ago, I had a series of Fraxel...

Two years ago, I had a series of Fraxel treatments, two on my chest and four on my face.  The pain was moderate to intense.  The recovery process lasted 4-5 days on all but the last peel.  At first, I experienced swelling and redness, then extreme peeling.  On the last treatment, I had a severe breakout that prolonged the recovery process to about 10 days.

Initially, I really liked the results on my chest - mottled skin and sunspots practically disappeared.  I also saw a lessening of pigmentation on my face, and a very mild softening of lines, particularly around my eyes.  However, I did not notice an intensification of the effects over time, as promised in relation to collagen building.  In addition, after a single CA summer (during which I wore sunscreen and hats religiously, but still ran and played outside as usual), my chest and face looked pretty much the same as it had before the treatments.

Perhaps the treatment has improved in the last two years, but otherwise, I’d say save your money.