Make Sure You Have the Fraxel Brand Name (Not Palomar)

Many people, including nurses, secretaries, etc....

Many people, including nurses, secretaries, etc. use the word "Fraxel" to describe a fractional laser--and they will tell you their clinic gives Fraxel treatments. But in my case, the actual laser system was manufactured by Palomar, and simply did NOTHING.

Their own brochures state that you will have immediate, incremental results that will improve, but in 4 photofacials and 3 Palomar fractional laser treatments (NOT "Fraxel" even though that's what they called it!) I simply had no results.

Genessee valley laser center

This is so helpful to read your comments. I just completed my second treatment with the Laser 360 protocol. The first treatment involved skin tightening along my jawline and an IPL on my face for tightening. No problem with that. Fewlt like a hot snap of a rubber band and went quickly,I actually saw improvement right away along my jawline. The second treatment was another jawline tightening and the Pixel deep collagen treatment-some of the areas on my face that needed improvement were actually "stacked" by the laser-not painful, but I was very red for two days and am starting to flake off today.Plan on staying home a few days after the pixel treatment-you look badly sunburned. I have three more treatments to go, two more are the pixel treatment-for a total of $3,712.00 in Appleton, WI. Everyone there is great and Dr. Pechman is super meticulous. The facility is called Rejuvenessence mediSpa, and it was the only place in my area offering the Llaser 360 program which targets alot of areas. Ten treatments in five visits spanning over about 75 days. Hope this helps anyone going this route@ :)
I am 45, and needed a boost, some sun damage, and a bit of saggy skin improved. I was not prepared for the pain! It was by far one of the most painful things I have ever done. I have slightly hypersensitive nerves on one side of my face, due to having neuralgia there in the past. it felt like being repeatedly burned with a hot iron, and the smell of burning is awful. The doctor kept injecting more and more anaesthetic into my face as was jumping out of my skin, but it had no effect. i was in shock afterwards, shaking, the whole works! It is 6 days before i looked normal, huge brown crusts had f allen off and swelling gone. My facial nerves were a bit live. The doctor said next time he would sedate me. I am going back again believe it or not, as the results are excellent, all my brown spots gone, enlarged pores gone, and facelift effect. wish me luck to survive next one!
Hopeful, Fraxel did not work for me either. I had five treatments at $1,200 a pop. I had major down time, pinpoint bleeding and major swelling each time. Downtime was closer to 6-10 days. I made the mistake of going back to work the first time after five days and had red track marks on my face and a j-cloth blue pattern in some areas not to mention still being swollen to the point of looking like a different person. In June this year I had one of the CO2 fractional laser treatments done - Smartxide also known as Dot Therapy. It improved my acne scars considerably but did not eliminate them all together. It has been enough of an improvement people who know me comment or ask about it. I have posted on Real Self my experience about this treatment (just click on my name and you will get the posts). I plan on doing the Smartxide a second time to finish up the remaining scars to a level I am comfortable with. As it is, for the first time in my life, I am now comfortable without make-up and thinking about my acne scars is not a full-time obsession every time I look in the mirror. You may also want to consider TotalFX, from reading on this site and looking at clinical research reports, it looks like it has a solid record in improving acne scars. ActiveFX alone doesn't really address acne scars. A combination of DeepFX and ActiveFX called TotalFX seems to do a better job, but depending on your acne scars you may need a second session with the laser. There is currently clinical trials going on in San Francisco regarding the Mixto laser and acne scarring. Its another CO2 fractional laser. I chose Smartxide as it has had a long history in Europe and Asia prior to coming to the US. It advertised itself as having minimal downtime and little to no pain yet comparable results to other fractional CO2 lasers. I read about the very real messy downtime of other fractional CO2 lasers and decided with my olive toned skin and past experience with Fraxel to try the Smartxide. The Smartxide proved to be a good choice for me. It is my opinion that the operator of the laser is just as important if not more important than the laser technology you choose. You want someone with experience with acne scars and your skin tone and texture. The doctors are going to try to sell you on their laser as being the best because that is all they have to sell. They are not going to tell you XYZ has is the best laser for addressing acne scars. Some of these guys are just taking your money and experimenting on you, they don't even know if what they are doing will indeed help your concern or make it worse. I think they honestly believe it will help but if they haven't done a 100 or more patients - they personally don't know. I don't know where you are located Hopeful, but there are doctors in Florida, New Hampshire, Texas, Arizona and California that have excellent websites showing before and after photos of their own patients who have undergone fractional CO2 laser treatment to address acne scars. Youtube also has videos of CO2 fractional laser treatments by various doctors and clinics many showing the before and after pictures of the patient involved. I am sorry you wasted your money on Fraxel. I have had the same unfortunate experience as you in that regard. There is hope though and you may have to save up before you try something else, but I can say Smartxide worked for me and eliminated some and softened up the remainng acne scars on my face. Check out the CO2 factional lasers. Keep in mind some are more effective than others for eliminating acne scars. My heart goes out to you. Allison
Thank you Allison for your response...I just received it! I appreciate you taking the time to answer and for being so thorough. I was scheduled for another appointment for Fraxel this Friday and have cancelled it in lieu of a requested appt. for an accessment with the actual Dr. (whom I've yet to see in six visits). I'm very curious as to what his response will be concerning my dissappointment in the lack of ANY improvement! I live in a small town about an hour away from D.C. (you had mentioned you wondered where I lived). Thanks again...I don't know what will happen, but I know I spent a lot of money, time and pain for absolutely nothing. More people should be made aware of the fact that it does NOT work for acne scars...AND it shouldn't be advertised that it does. Hopeful
I have had a total of five treatments of fraxel laser for my acne scarring...I'm 48 and have very light skin. After the first three, I was extremely red and swollen...I even had a breakout after the 3rd one. I told the tech and she turned down the "intensity" from 8 to 5. On the fourth and 5th visit she used 5 and dialed UP the depth from 35 to 50. I cannot see any improvement...$4,000 lost and worst of all...my hopes have been dashed!! I do not understand why it works so well for some people and not for me!! What went wrong?? Somebody, please help!!
Thanks soooo much for this review. I use "GVLC" for my dermotoligist and was ready to make an appointment for laser treatments with them. Looks like I stick to my medispa right now!