Tretinoin 0.025% Cream for Acne - Fountain Valley, CA

I am a 25 year old female living in California. I...

I am a 25 year old female living in California. I have had moderate acne for a little over 10 years. I have reached a point where my breakouts are manageable but I have so many deep clogged pores that the texture of my skin is very bumpy. In the past my skin has responded well to birth control, Differin and Accutane, all of which had negative side effects for me, and none of which were a long term solution for my problem. Because I have grown up in sunny beach communities I have had a high level of sun exposure and am showing signs of premature aging. For all of these reasons I have decide to try a retinol: Tretinoin 0.025%.

Today is my 12th day of use. At only 3 days my skin worsened dramatically, large inflamed cyst-like pimples on my cheeks, chin, jaw and between my eyes. At 9 days my skin was worse than I can remember it ever being. Today there is no improvement. I moisturizer well and have had no irritation, redness, dryness or peeling. Each time I look in the mirror throughout the day I notice new pimples forming.

Thank you so much for sharing your review on retinol: Tretinoin 0.025%. Sorry to hear you are breaking out, but I understand that this is part of the process and that it can take anywhere from 3-6 weeks to see improvement. Stay hydrated, so lots of water ;)  and keep us posted on your progress. Would love it if you could post before and after photos :)