27 Year Old with Saddlebags for As Long As I Can Remember - Foster City, CA

I have had the most ugliest saddlebags poking out...

I have had the most ugliest saddlebags poking out of my thighs for as long as I can remember after puberty. I hear it's a genetic thing... For years shopping for pants was an impossibly depressing task for no matter how happy I would be to see new styles and designs of pants I would never be able to fit into one in a flattering way. Not that I am a slender girl. At 5'2'' I have always weighs around 138 to 145 pounds since I hit puberty and I have always been chubby. However, the saddlebags stuck out. I have recently made changes to my lifestyle and started working out but I found out the hard way that saddlebags don't go away so easily. I finally decided to get smartlipo done after researching for hours on internet and narrowed down my options. Dr. Joel Beck was my first choice and I am happy to say that after seeing him and his staff and I did not find the need to go anywhere else. The price was reasonable and Dr Joel himself and his staff were friendly, accommodating and extremely helpful. Dr Joel and all of his staff especially Melissa and Jasmine are very pleasant and always made me feel at ease. I scheduled my appointment in June when they had special discount going on for procedure in July. I had my sister with me stay for the weekend to take care of me - yes you would need someone on the day of the surgery and at the very least a day after. The pre and post op instructions were very comprehensive and simple. The day of my surgery I arrived with my sister. I was given some medication for anxiety and pain and after giving me some time to relax I was taken to the surgery room. They administer local anesthesia which meant that I was awake and lucid the whole time and remember almost everything. The procedure itself was uncomfortable at most times and downright painful at few but nothing that I couldn't endure (I do believe I have very low pain tolerance). The night of the surgery, I was in pain and I made the mistake of lying on the side of my thigh which made the incision on that side leak and bleed. That scared me and my sister a bit and I was also feeling very nauseous. By next morning I was feeling much better. But then I was very apprehensive about taking off the compression garment and taking a shower. Luckily, my sister thought of making me take off the garment and rest for half hour before stepping into the shower. We were amazed at how fast I was recovering and I did not even feel dizzy as people often get after taking off the compression garment and showering. By next day I was able to walk around and go about my normal business including driving and walking up n down the stairs. However, that was the day when the swelling started and the results that I could see the first day were disappearing. But that is all part of the normal healing process (at least that is what I've read and what the doc told me). I'm more than a week post op and I think the swelling and bruising is much better. I have my second post op appointment in 2 weeks!! Fingers crossed!!
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Joel and his staff are extremely friendly, helpful and professional. He is the best choice that you can make. I can personally vouch for at least the Smartlipo.

Congrats on your surgery. Do you have any before and after pics you would like to share? Thank You
Hi, and welcome to the community!!!  I hope you'll be able to show us pictures :).  I'm especially interested in your doctor because he's, like, around the corner from me and I'm looking at some revision work I need.  How long did your saddlebags take?  And do you know how much fat he sucked out?
Hi, I had a TT from Dr. beck two weeks ago and couldn't be happier! I am happy he wanted me to wait until I heal before proceeding with the Smart Lipo. I like and respect that he has my health as his main priority. Please let me know if you have any questions I can answer about his bedside manner and the level of care I am receiving. I totally trust him to do my Smart Lipo when I finish healing. Good luck, be sure to post pics!
Do you have any pics?  I went to your review but didn't see any?

And don't worry, I always post pics.  Of everything, LOL!